Beware! If you booked and are "going" to coco cay!

imgagesmom

I'm just off the Enchantment if the seas and what a huge disappointment! If your booking Royal and wanting or planning of going to coco cay don't bet on it we missed the port due to conditions then were told they only get in less than 20% of the time this time of year and haven't been able to get supplies to the island for the last 3 months until we dropped supplies but we couldn't stop.

So beware if your booking something that has coco cay odds are you won't get to stop. Had I known that prior to booking I would have picked another cruise. Was expensive cruise for 1 port!!!!

We've never missed it...so we're at 100%!

You need to know that you shouldn't be cruising for the ports....it's expressly stated in your cruise contract that they can cancel, change, rearrange or substitute ANY AND ALL ports, for whatever reason, at any time.

I'm just off the Enchantment if the seas and what a huge disappointment! If your booking Royal and wanting or planning of going to coco cay don't bet on it we missed the port due to conditions then were told they only get in less than 20% of the time this time of year and haven't been able to get supplies to the island for the last 3 months until we dropped supplies but we couldn't stop.

So beware if your booking something that has coco cay odds are you won't get to stop. Had I known that prior to booking I would have picked another cruise. Was expensive cruise for 1 port!!!!

Any island that has to be tendered into has a good chance of cancellation. The safety of the passengers comes first. This is not something that is new. Grand Cayman gets passed by often as well. You have to understand that cruising this time of the year, the weather can cause some ports to be missed. We did a cruise in late January and couldn't get into dock in Jamaica. Just happens and you have to deal with it. We now try and cruise in April or May if we are concerned with making it into port.

Actually, a small correction - they MISS the island 20% of the time due to the inability to tender. Which means that 80% of the time, the ship is able to tender passengers to CoCo Cay. This doesn't help if you are in the 20%, but if I am in the 20% that miss this port, I'll at least know that it was for my safety.

We were there last Saturday and were able to tender in no problem...now, the tender out was quite rocky LOL but we made it back.

For this island though I am not sure I would get off the boat again. Tide ran low all the way out to the water climbers, you could stand at your ankles out there. Couldn't use a mat, and kayaks had to divert because of low tide..

That aside the beach wasn't nearly as well kept as Half Moon and very, very rocky.

• 2 weeks later...