Slipping?

Gail5863

The cruise about which I was speaking encompassed 5 different cruises back to back.We had only 17 folks on the full cruise with us..became like a family. Every cruise we had many new folks, and enjoyed meeting the "newbies"
It was never boring...lots of new ports...in those days SS never repeated ports, within a back to back cruise, as they do today.
As far as the food.....we ate very simply....passed up lots of goodies, but did enjoy many of the meals that were served. The thing that was so very surprising, my husband, who at first was a bit put out by so long a cruise, was very upset when the cruise ended. (as was I) There was not one of the 17, regardless of the size of their suite, (from the grand down to the vista) who felt at all hemmed in. To this day we usually take cruises of anywhere from 21 to 30 days (I hate to pack & unpack). We will be on the Wind again, next April for the South African trip, then next Christmas on the Whisper. Do you plan any of those itineraries? Where in Britain do you live....we have fortunately made many wonderful friends from your part of the world

We live between two houses. We have one (where we are at the moment) which is right on a beach in Devon. It's sunny and I'm watching the dogs playing in the water! I've just come back from Dartmouth where the "founding fathers" I believe left from We have a steam train that takes us and brings us back. The other is in Hampshire a few miles from Salisbury and Stonehenge. We also spend a lot of time in europe. Mostly the South of France and a lot of time in Vienna.

Your cruises sound great. What about the differences between the ships?

[quote name='justan']We will be on the Wind again, next April for the South African trip, then next Christmas on the Whisper. Do you plan any of those itineraries? Where in Britain do you live....we have fortunately made many wonderful friends from your part of the world[/QUOTE]

............... we're taking the Athens to Lisbon cruise in a few weeks on Whisper and planning to take a couple on Wind and Cloud - one that takes in the Greek islands and the other the Dalmation coast. We're looking at a few others - but a little less firmly and may just take others based on"offers"!

• 2 weeks later...
As you know, Silversea does 'how are we doing' survey during the mid-point of the cruise. On my very first Silversea cruise, I complained about the cruise director about something. I was very surprised and impressed that the cruise director sought me out the next day to apologize and explain his reasonings for doing whatever (which I didn't agree but saw his point and that's fair enough), and for the rest of the cruise went out of the way to be nice with me. From that, I conclude Silversea takes negative comments seriously. So based on my experience, it's hard to believe Greta's claim. Unless the ship decided that they didn't want her business, and I say it's more likely. I have thrown out some customers in my business for not worth the aggrevation of disruptive behavior, costing myself a lot of money but priceless for my peace of mind, so I can well understand the ship's position. Good for them! Now I'm a loyal fan of Silversea.

Archived