Guide in Istanbul

ALPHYL

:) In June, Stanand Jim and merryecho highly recommended a Levent or Levant

Smolza or Smolaz in Instanbul. Tried both URL's and were rejected. Does anyone have up-to-date e-mail address for this person???? Also need recommendations for guides in Rhodes,Santorini, Corfu, Mykonos and Athens--don't really want to use Oceania's Shore Excursion choices. This is a first time cruise and I don't want guides who specialize in taking people shopping!!!.

We also can highly recommend Adnan Duvenci (e-mail: turkishguide@superonline.com) a licensed guide who provided us

with a great 4 days of sightseeing. He is knowledgeable, speaks

excellent English, personable, dependable, responsive and flexible. He provided us with American references and phone numbers which we checked. His references gave him outstanding marks. We agree. He also helped us retrieve a digital camera that we left in a private van that we took to the airport. He contacted the driver, picked up the camera from him and mailed it to us.

Smolza or Smolaz in Instanbul. Tried both URL's and were rejected. Does anyone have up-to-date e-mail address for this person???? Also need recommendations for guides in Rhodes,Santorini, Corfu, Mykonos and Athens--don't really want to use Oceania's Shore Excursion choices. This is a first time cruise and I don't want guides who specialize in taking people shopping!!!.

Thanks for help re Istanbul guide--will try and reach him at address you gave. Enjoy your cruise--our's is in May so let us know if he is as great as others have said.

Thanks for help re Istanbul guide--will try and reach him at address you gave. Enjoy your cruise--our's is in May so let us know if he is as great as others have said.

Willmschen: Tried e-mail address you posted for Istanbul guideand it bounced back--so very disappointed.

Anyway you might try it and see if you have more success than I did. I'm sure I copied address right. Thanks, ALPHYL

Ellinin NY

Thanks for contacts for Levent Solmaz. Will try and reach him right away. Are you doing Istanbul-Athens itinerary. If so, have any other guides been recommended in Rhodes,Corfu,Mykonos, Dubrovnik, etc. Would appreciate that info. Thanks again.

We are doing Athens to Istanbul through the Black Sea, which is a different itinerary. You do not need a guide in Mykonos--either spend the day at one of their gorgeous beaches or stroll around town and look for Peter the Pelican!

Archived