Celebrity Summit or Jewel of the Seas

We are looking to book a cruise in April and debating between the Summit or the Jewel.

2 sisters, mid to late 40's. Previously sailed on MSC (Divina and Poesia), Princess and Carnival. Our preference is MSC over Princess or Carnival.

Looking to expand our cruise lines, both itineraries appeal to us, and price point is almost the same. The all inclusive 123 go promo with Celebrity does not appeal to us, as we are not huge drinkers. Both cruises are offering a $100.00 OBC.

Since both cruises are port intensive, the night life scene is not important. Good food, and good company is the most important.

Both itineraries have great ports so either one will be fine.

Any opinions?

Never been on the Summit but was on the Jewell last April (we are in our late 40's) Hubby said we need to bring our young adult kids to a couple of the new port to us, So we are booked on the Jewell April 25 with 2 of the kids and a son-in-law! We really liked Tortola (The Baths) and Dominica

I just got off the Summit. If you want a more adult atmosphere without kids running around - pick the Summit (of course, the time of year that you are going will have a bearing on this).

I find the food to be better on Celebrity, and I love Modern Luxury. Their smoking policy matches me as well - no smoking anywhere inside.

With the 123Go, you could also get either pre-paid gratuities, or $200 obc for that cruise (depending upon its sail date). You don't HAVE to get the beverage package.

With all the cut backs over the years the differences are less noticeable, however I experienced fewer kids on Celebrity and RCCL has better entertainment.

I've been on both ships in the past year (twice on the Summit). While the above generalization is usually correct, the Summit has significantly better entertainment than the Jewel. We thought the Jewel was the most boring ship we've ever sailed on. The Summit blew us away with the quality and quantity of live music and other activities available all over the ship.

I would choose the Summit over the Jewel without question or hesitation.