Oh, Island in the Sun: Breeze-ing Back to the Southern Caribbean

Nicole721

Great start. :) Breeze is still my favourite ship, so I always enjoy reading reviews. I so wanted to like Cucina, but surprisingly we had a less-than-stellar experience service-wise so I'm not sure I would return, even though the food was good.

I look forward to reading more.

Heather

Loving the review so far, Nicole! I enjoyed your Valor review and it got me excited for my Valor Cruise next month :). The Breeze is my next carnival ship :) Cant wait to read more, and I assuming you go to Curacao on this itinerary. That's my favorite port so far (Under Isla Roatan..and I am sure it will change after next month!)...so I cant wait to see pics :)

Love your reviews~~!!~~ looking forward to Breezing along with you!! :p

All aboard! :D

Great start. :) Breeze is still my favourite ship, so I always enjoy reading reviews. I so wanted to like Cucina, but surprisingly we had a less-than-stellar experience service-wise so I'm not sure I would return, even though the food was good.

I look forward to reading more.

Heather

Thanks, Heather! Sorry to hear your experience at Cucina wasn't as positive as ours. It can definitely be a damper when level of service doesn't meet expectation, especially in the restaurants that carry an additional fee.

Following also!!! We are going on 14th of December and have 2293 booked as well. Looking forward to more if your review.

Ellen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, Ellen! You'll love the room, I'm sure. We had nothing but good things to note about the space and location :)

Enjoying your review! Looking forward to reading more - great pics!!

Thank you! :D

Off to a great start! Breeze remains my favorite ship we have sailed on so I love reading reviews on her. Your reviews are great! Can't wait for more to come. :)

I think the Breeze is my favorite Carnival ship behind the Miracle. They're so different, but there's so many things to love about both!

Loving the review so far Nicole, thanks for doing it!

Thank you!! :D

Please come back and continue!! :D

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

I'm back! Work's been crazy this week, but I'm determined to get through a couple of entries!

Dumb question: Matt is no longer the CD on Breeze?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope -- it's Wee Jimmy.

Loving the review so far, Nicole! I enjoyed your Valor review and it got me excited for my Valor Cruise next month :). The Breeze is my next carnival ship :) Cant wait to read more, and I assuming you go to Curacao on this itinerary. That's my favorite port so far (Under Isla Roatan..and I am sure it will change after next month!)...so I cant wait to see pics :)

We did go to Curacao! It's one of my favorites, too. So much to see and do and it's just so...nice! It's such an interesting experience visiting an island where tourism isn't the main industry.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and kind words! I don't get much of a chance to write anymore, so I'm so glad to have the chance to re-live such a wonderful trip here!

In my opinion, one of the best parts of the Breeze’s Southern Caribbean route is the way the itinerary is broken up: day at sea, four days in port, two more days at sea.

We have trouble sleeping in on cruises. We were up and out of the room by 8:30 am, the view out our balcony of clear skies and smooth seas a promising reassurance of a relaxing day ahead.

DSC_0664.jpg

We headed up to breakfast on the Lido deck, and I said a silent prayer that the Blue Iguana taco man wasn’t working the morning shift, because only one thing would do for my first on-board breakfast…

DSC_0665.jpg

Warm, cheese-laden arepas. Perfectly melted, nutty cheese sandwiched in between two slightly sweet corn cakes, and a side of salsa verde from the toppings bar. With a cup of coffee, it is the perfect breakfast. My favorite breakfast. Just as good as I had remembered it to be.

Mom and Stephanie grabbed more traditional fare from the Marketplace and much to our relief, lines were low and tables were easy to find, a welcome change from the Valor.

When we were done with breakfast and fully caffeinated, we headed aft for some QT time in the sun. We always head aft because in our experience, the midship pool and deck fill up the quickest, the usual stomping grounds for the chair hogs. On this particular trip, it was the aft that filled up: it was crowded when we arrived after breakfast, but within an hour (by 10:30), it was full.

IMG_2920.jpg

Despite the sunny weather, the ship started rocking quite a bit and continued to roll throughout the day. That wouldn’t stop us, though. We soaked in some vitamin D. We swam (though the pool was unusually warm while the hot tubs ran cold). When small children started piling into the pool and babies in swim diapers started making their appearances (not making an appearance to control that: deck security. Minus two, Carnival), we took it as our cue to get out and get on with our day.

DSC_0666.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg