$99 rooms at atlantis

bogforce

I just paid $152 for a room at the Comfort Suites (advertises that you get all Atlantis privileges) for 1 day in October. Used this link:

http://www.smartertravel.com/hotel/mb.php?id=1417&ctid=i1417c3p494

If it says that they are sold out of rooms for the date that you want, keep trying. Initially it said the same for me, about 15 minutes later the rate came up. Worst case scenario, use AAA and get it for $171.

My question is, how close is Comfort Suites to Atlantis? Everything I see says "adjacent to" or "right across the street from"...

Hope this helps,

Sue

The comfort suites is right across the street at the farther side of Atlantis. Have the cab driver drop you off there. If you take a water taxi you may take too much time looking for the place.

After you check in at the CS, they will direct you down the hall and out the side door. You'll walk across the street and up a driveway to one of the main Atlantis buildings. You can then get a map of the resort at the Atlantis information desk. Tell them you have your CS reservation and key and they will direct you out the back to the area where you can go to the towel hut and get your arm bands.

Then comes the really far and long part of your Atlantis journey....walking across the resort. Atlantis is SOOO big. If you want to go to the lazy river, you will be right there as you access Atlantis from the CS. If you want to go to the digs it is almost all the way to the other side. The main water slides are at the far side of Atlantis from the CS. Bring good shoes. My ordinary flip flops gave me a big blister between my toes on one foot making walking uncomfortable. And they never bothered my feet before. But I never dreamed I'd be walking so far in them.

Mammabean,

Thanks so much for the tips and directions for Atlantis from the Comfort Suites. I will take your advise about the shoes and wear my sneakers and carry my flip flops.

My sister and I cruise every October for her birthday. Allows me to get another cruise in for the year. My big cruise is with my husband in February. Anyway, the last time we were in Nassau, we took a taxi out to a beach where we had to walk through a path through the trees down to the beach. Can't remember what hotel we were almost in front of, but we get settled on the beach and start to enjoy the sun and all of a sudden I couldn't remember if I had locked the safe in the cabin. Well, after that I couldn't shake the fact that all of our $$'s, credit cards jewlery etc could be taken so we had to go back to the ship and sure enough the safe was wide open. Luckly nothing was missing, and that was our experience in Nassau.

Again thank for the tips.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

When booking room to get access to Atlantis do you need to put in that there will be 4 adults if you have four or can you just book for 2 adults?? Wondering because I want to be sure all 4 of us will be able to get a wristband!!!

HELP!!!!!

Thanks

Becky

I think the rooms hold 4, but the price depends on their age I believe. OUr $99 deal was only $99 because our kids were under 12. If they had been over 12, there was an add'l $45pp charge. So, you will want to verify the terms of your specific deal when you book.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this just happened to me. But, I did 2 things. First, I had travel insurance (travelex travelite) which indicated in its terms/conditions that it covered excursions like this if our cruise ship didn't make it, so I felt covered when we left. Then, when we got to the ship, we were given a notice by the captain who changed our itinerary around because of what was then Tropical Depression Rita. Instead of going to Nassau on 9/19, we were now to go 9/20. Since we had not left Port Canaveral yet, I called Atlantis' 800# and asked if they'd honor my travelzoo deal for the next day, and explained the captain had just changed our itinerary. They said sure, no problem, and did so. And, when we arrived at the Atlantis, all was in order w/our ressie, no problems at all.

Archived