Parc Royal Cozumel/Why so few reviews

theverro

Hello! There are tons of posts/reviews on Mr. Sanchos/Nachi Cocum/Paradise Beach ect. on this site, but I see some pretty limited info/interest on Parc Royal in Coz. We have decided on Mr. Sanchos for our upcoming cruise, but Parc Royal has peaked my interest. Seems like a good deal at $40 AI, especially since it walkable from both ports. Any reason why there is not as much buzz about this place? Not exotic enough?

Hello! There are tons of posts/reviews on Mr. Sanchos/Nachi Cocum/Paradise Beach ect. on this site, but I see some pretty limited info/interest on Parc Royal in Coz. We have decided on Mr. Sanchos for our upcoming cruise, but Parc Royal has peaked my interest. Seems like a good deal at $40 AI, especially since it walkable from both ports. Any reason why there is not as much buzz about this place? Not exotic enough?

I think you are right in that it is not exotic enough for some - the view of the ship is perhaps not as restful as looking at the open ocean. There are no inflatable water toys that some require. The low cost pass and no taxi fare looks good but the hours for the pass are 11- 6 which I think is too late a start for many and depending on your all aboard time you may have to leave early leaving you a "short" AI day. It has been reported that you can check in before 11 but no food and drinks until then so you can end up with better value elsewhere. Lastly, there are the timeshare people which may/may not be a problem on any given day.

Edited by c-leg5

We just got back from Cozumel, I wish I had heard about this option before we got back on the ship. We met a couple on the gangway that had been there and had a great time. We were actually an overnight stop and had we not had to be back on the ship by 2 they were planning to go back.

It might just be one of those things that few know about, so few talk about, so nobody knows about types of cycles. I found an old thread doing research last night that said it is hard to get information via email. The other options you mentioned are all about the marketing and communication.

At $40 and walkable it sure seems worthwhile! We did the non AI Paradise Beach and enjoyed it. $20 taxi each way (incl tip) and about $60 in a few drinks and chips and we quickly got to the $80 mark!

Honestly I think it's because it's a Resort and not a Beach club. They don't promote it as a place for the public to come and spend the day. It's a resort for it's guests and then if they have low occupancy, they will sell day passes. That's how it usually works with the resorts. They definitely don't want their paying/staying customers to be inundated with cruise guests that are there to use the facilities just for the day unless they have room for them.

Nachi, Sanchos, Paradise, Carlos & Charlies, etc. are all beach clubs, which cater to the people who are looking for a place to hang their hats for a couple hours or a day. There is no resort (rooms) attached to these clubs and they make their living selling you a resort type setting without the rooms. These clubs have proven to be very popular with the cruise crowd.

Make sense?

Yep, that makes a ton of sense. The couple we met actually went to a time share pitch and then "only had to pay $30 for the pass." They had no idea they could just buy the pass and save the pitch for another $10/pp:rolleyes:

Their main focus is $10's of thousands in timeshares, not $40 in pool crashers. I guess if I owned the timeshare I'd be a little upset. Oddly enough, the couple was told in their pitch that they can get a cruise from Miami to Cozumel which would allow them to stay a few days and then take them back almost like a ferry...