Luggage Question

Gamom3

no limit - there may be a guise or recommended list somewhere, but there is no counting our weighing done at the terminal

You carry on should fit through the scanner, but it is often larger that the airport, where they often have a template installed to restrict the size to airplane specs.

We have done very many cruises from our home port -- and just about the only thing we didn't take was the kitchen sink. Now we fly to cruises and had to learn how to weight bags ;)

Remember that the cabin is only so small. You will be storing all the luggage in your cabin.

Getting bags that fit into each other helps-- store under the bed.

Remember you gotta tip the porter per bag. (If you have more then 2 bags pp then you have way too much stuff)

I am guessing you are driving to the port.

Also-- if you do not check the bags with the porters-- you will be carrying that stuff until 1:30 when the cabin becomes available

Edited by serene56

Thanks so much for the info - you guys always have all the answers! Yes we are driving - cannot even imagine having to fly. Since we are cruising week of Xmas I am bringing a small tree and some small presents for tree so have more stuff than normal and did not want to cut back on clothes to compensate. Luckily we have FTTF so we can take all carry on stuff right to cabin. Cannot wait - 12 days and counting!!!!

Remember that the cabin is only so small. You will be storing all the luggage in your cabin.

Getting bags that fit into each other helps-- store under the bed.

Remember you gotta tip the porter per bag. (If you have more then 2 bags pp then you have way too much stuff)

I am guessing you are driving to the port.

Also-- if you do not check the bags with the porters-- you will be carrying that stuff until 1:30 when the cabin becomes available

No, you don't "gotta tip the porter per bag." Tipping is getting out of control.

Edited by Baymax

Not wanting to switch to a tipping thread -- tip what ever you want. We usually give $5 for two to four bags.

There is not per bag requirement.

The porters are not working for tips. They are very well-paid union longshoreman.

You certainly SHOULD tip the porter per bag. Some people don't tip for anything, but Please, don't be one of THOSE PEOPLE.

Customary, yes. "Gotta tip per bag," no.

Read the words, tigereye.

These tipping threads on a Cruise Critic have me reconsider my generosity and think about switching to what you call "those people." Then I look at my waitstaff and the stateroom steward and forget about everyone on Cruise Critic.

But, tipping is getting out of control. In some ports that Carnival visits, port area retail salespeople request a tip if you purchase a retail item (like a shot glass). They even ask for a tip if you don't even enter the store!

Edited by Baymax

I read the post! If you read mine, you noticed that I said SHOULD tip. I think you should tip for any service and I am not one of THOSE PEOPLE.

I did read your post. That's why I used the word customary.

Tipping is getting out of control. You can't disagree with that.