Recommended NCL Carribean destination

njrover0216

My husband and I are ready to schedule our next cruise. Our first cruise was to the Bahamas, now we want to try a Caribbean cruise. What destinations do you recommend? Which ones were a waste? Eastern or western? When I booked my first cruise I came here for guidance and I am hoping with your help I can start narrowing down the many choices!

My husband and I are ready to schedule our next cruise. Our first cruise was to the Bahamas, now we want to try a Caribbean cruise. What destinations do you recommend? Which ones were a waste? Eastern or western? When I booked my first cruise I came here for guidance and I am hoping with your help I can start narrowing down the many choices!

Depends. What are your likes/dislikes? What is your activity level?

Do you want the cruise to be more about the ship or more about the ports? IMO, the most unique ports are in the Southern Caribbean such as Grenada, St. Lucia, Curacao...If you are interested in mega ships, Getaway and Epic and Breakaway are fantastic but for those, the ship is the destination and the ports are more of an afterthought. If you are more interested in ports and happy with a smaller ship, then consider a Panama Canal cruise which usually come with a great sampling of ports.

I would like to spend some time on the beach, blue water and beautiful scenery, rain forests, shopping, culture, etc. Southern cruises are too long for us, we need to go out of FL and can only spare 7-8 days. I enjoy ports more than the ship. The only cruise we went on was out of NY to the Bahamas, it was cold, choppy waters and the pool was closed the entire time.

My bf and I took our first cruise on a 7 day western itinerary to Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel, and we LOVED it! A few different ports, each with its own personality. These take off out of Houston, New Orleans and Tampa. However, I don't think the one out of Houston stops in Costa Maya. Either way, happy cruising and good luck with what ever you decide! :D

I would like to spend some time on the beach, blue water and beautiful scenery, rain forests, shopping, culture, etc. Southern cruises are too long for us, we need to go out of FL and can only spare 7-8 days. I enjoy ports more than the ship. The only cruise we went on was out of NY to the Bahamas, it was cold, choppy waters and the pool was closed the entire time.

I would say the Western Caribbean cruise that is Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, assuming it hadn't changed again. Jamaica has scenery (and beaches), Grand Cayman is great for snorkeling, and Cozumel for a busy port with a bit of everything.

Two days down, three ports in a row, one day back from Miami.

My bf and I took our first cruise on a 7 day western itinerary to Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel, and we LOVED it! A few different ports, each with its own personality. These take off out of Houston, New Orleans and Tampa. However, I don't think the one out of Houston stops in Costa Maya. Either way, happy cruising and good luck with what ever you decide! :D

Ditto

Loved it so much we are going again. I also think for a 7 day cruise its the best bang for your buck. Four full day ports in a 7 day cruise if pretty good