Why No cabin assignment?

N00B

First off, I want to say I am. Not complaining or whining, just asking the question to see if anyone knows

I am about 30 days out from my cruise. I have booked a balcony guarantee during one of the amazing recent sales. I've never booked guarantee before.

I recently went through the. Online check in process and my room is still not assigned.

Does anyone know what triggers assignment of the guarantees? I've read some people leaving on later cruises that have their assignments. Is it generally good, bad, or indifferent if the assignment is delayed?

I realize that I may not be assigned until I show up for the cruise and I am fine if that is the case, it's a good bargain for the money I saved, but I'm curious if any knows what factors could've in play?

Your assignment should be coming anytime! Just keep checking & it will eventually show up. I know it's tough waiting! We did an inside guaranty once and ended up with a cabin on the Lido deck so we were very happy! :D

The answer is that there is no set answer. It all depends on the specific sailing, how the ship booking is going and the time till your cruise. Agree with the other poster in letting us know how it worked out after you cruise. Enjoy!

It's been my experience that the later the assignment, the better the assignment! I've done a lot of "to be assigned" cruises, and more often than not receive exactly what I paid for, but there have been exceptions. Recently, aboard "Breeze", I bought, and paid for an inside GTY, which wasn't assigned until I arrived at the port. I was assigned an "OCEAN SUITE"! Nope, that won't happen often, but I guarantee it did happen to me. How sweet it was! :cool: Bottom line,,,don't get too upset because your cabin hasn't been assigned yet. It could happen to you! ;)

"SKY"

If there is a lot of cabins they want to try to sell them before they start placing people in their guarantee cabins.

the more cabins they have to sell the longer it will be before you are placed.

Have you looked at your sailing to see whats left of the balconies?

Are there still suites available? If so, they may try to get some of the balcony folks to buy an upsell to a suite, because less expensive cabins are generally easier to fill at the last minute. There will still be shuffling going on until pretty close to sailing.

It's likely that you will get your assignment soon, but some folks don't get theirs until the very last minute. Just keep checking!

Years ago, when we got our cruise documents in the mail, there was a code that had the cabin number embedded in it. Lots of us sailing guarantees waited for those documents to arrive in the mail and looked for the code. A couple of times I was able to find my cabin number that way. A couple of other times, the embedded code was "TBA," which was kind of a letdown.

Back in the 80s, I took a Greek Islands cruise on a line that no longer exists. We had booked an interior upper-lower guarantee. When we arrived onboard, they had us sit in the lobby for a while before they came out and gave us the key to a better interior cabin.

Wherever you end up, have a great cruise!

There appears to be about 15 balconies left across all categories. I don't know if that's a lot or not.

yeah-== thats a lot because you are NOT seeing all that is available.

Soon the cruise line will offer pack and go rates or resident rates so people can go as cheap as possible.

right now you are parked somewhere