Kids in EA Sports Bar

mikem1977

If the child has bottomless bubbles, they can only be served a beverage at a bar or from a bar waiter. A waiter may not be in the same location as the child. Take it up with Carnival if you're disappointed in their suggestion of a child going to a bar [unsupervised].

I only questioned why a child would be in a bar(for extended periods of time, not to refill their cup) due to the fact that it may not be the best atmosphere. The sports bar allows smoking(or at least it did when my husband smoked, it may not now), people can get a little rowdy watching games, language can get pretty bad. Just my thoughts.

I only questioned why a child would be in a bar(for extended periods of time, not to refill their cup) due to the fact that it may not be the best atmosphere. The sports bar allows smoking(or at least it did when my husband smoked, it may not now), people can get a little rowdy watching games, language can get pretty bad. Just my thoughts.

I'm sure what they will hear at the EA Sports Bar is nothing worse than they would hear at school. In fact, they probably hear worse at school. ;)

Fair point. It probably wouldn't be best for them to be in a bar for extended periods of time.

The EA Sports Bar does not allow smoking. And I can guarantee they hear worse words at school. I would consider the EA Sports Bar to be similar to a Buffalo Wild Wings in style, except EA doesn't serve food. If you would allow your kids to go to BWW to watch a game, I see nothing wrong with going in the EA Sports Bar.

The EA Sports Bar does not allow smoking. And I can guarantee they hear worse words at school. I would consider the EA Sports Bar to be similar to a Buffalo Wild Wings in style, except EA doesn't serve food. If you would allow your kids to go to BWW to watch a game, I see nothing wrong with going in the EA Sports Bar.

I disagree with 'they hear worse at school', unless maybe they are teenagers. I am a teacher of 10 and 11 year olds and they don't regularly speak or hear language like that and if they do it is dealt with; at least at my school.

So BWW is a restaurant that serves booze and EA Sports Bar is a solely a bar.

I was simply stating my opinion that extended periods of time in a bar is not ideal for young children.

Kids are allowed in the EA Sports Bar. My son and I will play the XBox several times during a cruise. We have been in it to watch big games and share in the event. My son is 12 and daughter is 10. We take our kids to BWW often and the environment is the same as the EA Sports Bar. In fact, they often bring food to the EA Sports Bar during big games for everyone to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The times I've been in the EA Sports Bar it didn't have the atmosphere of a typical "adult bar", at least during the day. The kids outnumbered the adults sometimes and were allowed to play the video games. As someone else said, it was tamer than the Lido deck.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

I think YMMV(your mileage may vary) on this one. When we were on the Sunshine(or Breeze cant remember) last year they did not allow my 11 year old to play the Xbox games or sit at the bar. He was disappointed as he thought he could play for free. Maybe they are loosening thing up?

As mentioned earlier, we took our 8 year old grandson to the EA Sports bar everyday usually before and after dinner. They do not allow smoking and there were other children in there both older and younger. He loved to watch the sports on the large screen tvs. We didn't spend a whole lot of time in there. But I have to say we did spend a lot of time in the Red Frog Pub. They had a foosball table and another table that was like skeeball (I think that's the name) and trivia games. He meet a lot of other kids in there and the waitstaff loved him. He played the tables with adults as well as children. The others in both bars were very respectful of others in terms of language and there were no intoxicated patrons in either bar at any time. Just others trying to enjoy everything that the ship has to offer.

We too spent some time in the sports bar with our son. He (and other kids, not many but one daughter of a couple we met while waiting to board and wound up doing things with during the trip in particular) also spent time in Red Frog. Both of my kids liked the acoustic guitar player in there. Never heard any foul language. Everyone was really nice to the kids. This was during days. We never took them in either one in the evening.

I'm not sure what ship you will be on, but the EA sports bar on the Liberty has little tables as well as a bar. If you are maybe uncomfortable with your son at the actual bar try sitting at the table. I see no problem with that at all.

We were there cheering on Kentucky on our recent cruise and as the game went on more and more people joined in and it was so much fun! It was a great lively sports loving crowd. There was nothing in that bar that wouldn't have been kid friendly.