Port of Houston write up

CruiseCtrl

Link on the Port of Houston. Sounds nicer than what I've read on the boards. Did they get paid to write this?

http://www.thestar.com/life/travel/2014/12/08/houstons_bayport_cruise_terminal_stateoftheart_and_stealing_canadian_hearts.html

The difference between what you read in that article and what you read on here is the perspective of the person writing about the port. The person writing this article is doing so as a professional writer, they likely have little to no emotional investment in what they are writing, nor have they likely visited the terminal.

Contrast that with people here who in almost every case have had direct experience sailing out of that terminal. The comments that they leave are based off their experience, and quite frankly, driven by their emotions about being delayed, encountering fog, etc....

I sailed out of Bayport on the 30th, returned on the 7th. I found the terminal to be well organized, easy to navigate, I was through security and check in quickly, and was on the ship within 20 minutes of arriving. I experienced no delays either sailing away or coming back to dock. The terminal is out in the middle of an industrial area, so it takes a bit of time to get to, but overall I had no issues with it whatsoever.

SLCfirsttimer hit the nail on the head.

I was on the cruise that had fog AND Noro, missed one port and came back early. It didn't make me look at the port any differently. Stuff happens. Princess handled it (gave us a nice OBC), we got to see 2 of the ports and didn't get sick. :D:D

I am always looking for another chance to sail out of Houston.

We have never had a problem at the port in Houston. The port staff is courteous and friendly, unlike the abrupt and unfriendly port of Galveston port employees. The cruise line staff in the terminal are efficient and friendly at both ports....just a huge difference in port employees.

Sent from my iPad using Forums