Whats wrong with NCL website

johnsak123

Trying to fill in address and passport information for 4 guests

I fill out my info and then went to my next three traveling companions

All three have different addresses

When I put in the second persons address and then the third and then the fourth the cruise documents show the second persons address for the third and fourth person as well

I re entered their information 4 times and it still picks up the address of the second person

Any thoughts how to fix

Has this happened to anyone else

I am not a fan of NCL "new" website"

Cheers!!

I just got off the phone with technical support because of the same problem. They need to break each of you into separate "households" which will allow you to enter each persons addresses separately. 1-866-625-1160 Good luck.

Trying to fill in address and passport information for 4 guests

I fill out my info and then went to my next three traveling companions

All three have different addresses

When I put in the second persons address and then the third and then the fourth the cruise documents show the second persons address for the third and fourth person as well

I re entered their information 4 times and it still picks up the address of the second person

Any thoughts how to fix

Has this happened to anyone else

I am not a fan of NCL "new" website"

Cheers!!

It has nothing to do with the website, it has to deal with how bookings are assigned.

Your PCC or TA has the ability to override the address restrictions, we (guests) do not. Just call them up and they can fix it for you very easily.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. My son, dil and their 7 month old and traveling in a Haven suite with us, and I was adding passport information. I didn't notice it, but when I added their home address, it changed every address. My PCC called me in the evening and asked about it, and apparently the system has trouble differentiating between family in the same cabin that have different home addresses. Once he knew what I did, he fixed the problem, and I can see it on the reservation page.;)

Sorry seashark i don't think you are correct

The address of the person who is being copied to the third and fourth person is not the primary

Her address was not copied to the others so i believe it is a website or ncl issue

I travel this way quite often...I can assure you that this is what needs to be done to have different addresses for different guests in one stateroom.

One simple phone call to your PCC/TA will resolve the issue.

In the interim,

NCL's system is set to treat ALL guests in a stateroom as being from one household. Thus, the address entered for Guest 1 will be carried over to the other guests.

When you enter a different address for Guest 2, it overrides and replaces the one entered for Guest 1. If you go back and correct Guest 1, it will also correct Guest 2.

NCL considers BOTH Guests 1 and 2 to be "Primary" as the system is set for double occupancy. The address recorded will be that of the last one of these two that is entered. (Addresses entered for Guests 3 thru 8 will not make this change as they are not the primary guests in the stateroom).

PCCs/TAs have the ability to break a reservation into multiple households which solves the address issue. One phone call is all you need to take care of it.

This glitch in NCL's online check-in system has been there for years. I usually travel with someone who doesn't live with me and our addresses are always synched. It makes NO difference as long as your names match your boarding documents (e.g., passport, driver's license, etc.). Unless there's a specific reason why you want to have the addresses corrected, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It's more grief than it's worth.

This glitch in NCL's online check-in system has been there for years. I usually travel with someone who doesn't live with me and our addresses are always synched. It makes NO difference as long as your names match your boarding documents (e.g., passport, driver's license, etc.). Unless there's a specific reason why you want to have the addresses corrected, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It's more grief than it's worth.

This sounds logical. What if someone enters their current address, but in a timespan you've moved, but a passport or license still has an old address on it? Wouldn't that be the same thing?

This sounds logical. What if someone enters their current address, but in a timespan you've moved, but a passport or license still has an old address on it? Wouldn't that be the same thing?

Passport does not contain address information so the point is moot. I do not know if staff at check in compare DL and Birth Certificate to the check in information but I highly doubt it. It may be used for customs purpose.

Before DH and I were married we took a cruise with one address listed even though we lived in different households. We had no problems checking in or with customers (we both used passports).

The NCL website is a strange beast anyway.

For instance, if you are coming from a Swiss IP address they like to redirect you to the German site (http://www.ncl.de); note that not all of Switzerland speaks German, there is also French and Italian.. oh and those silly foreigners who prefer to speak English. My german is fine, but why would I want to read German if it is also available in English which is most of the time a better edition as the translations are typically fail...

The fun part of that is, that the login link is on the .com edition of the site, which then at first hit redirects to the German edition. If you then go again to the login link all is fine though (as then some magic cookie is there that previously expired it seems).

Bit annoying, but hard to explain to a customer service lady (we always call the US edition, not the Swiss/German one).

Non-language issue: if you have multiple cruises pre-booked (yep, that kind of folks), and you want to compare itineraries or see them all at once for whatever reason, browsers have this magical feature called tabs and years before that this magic thing called multiple windows. If you click on the link in the overview page though, that uses a cookie to set the booking that you are looking at. Thus opening another one from the overview page means you select that one and all links suddenly don't work anymore.

Work-around for that: use a separate browser (eg Chrome as main, Safari or Firefox as alternative). Not very convenient but it works...

Oh and of course, the NCL website probably picked up a lot of molasses on the many tours through the Caribbean as well, it is quite slow most of the time...

If I was NCL I would randomly select a few common cruisers who are local to their offices and offer them a discount on a cruise, OBC or whatever in exchange for them trying to actually use the site for a day and writing down/showing the website team all the weird things those folks run into. User Experience is definitely a tricky thing and not everything is fine there.