final payment switched???!!?!

jocko4279

I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. I am cruising the Divina March 28th, 2015. My final payment was originally scheduled for 1-12-15. Then for the longest time when I logged into my reservation I would get an error when I tried to proceed to the page which displayed the information. I logged in today, and it works...but my final payment was moved up to 12-18-14!! Can't and don't want to make this payment right before Christmas :rolleyes:, anyone have experience with this happening to them?? Ideas if it's just a glitch on their end, or done with a purpose??

• 4 weeks later...
I wanted to see if anyone had experience with this. I am cruising the Divina March 28th, 2015. My final payment was originally scheduled for 1-12-15. Then for the longest time when I logged into my reservation I would get an error when I tried to proceed to the page which displayed the information. I logged in today, and it works...but my final payment was moved up to 12-18-14!! Can't and don't want to make this payment right before Christmas :rolleyes:, anyone have experience with this happening to them?? Ideas if it's just a glitch on their end, or done with a purpose??

When I booked my Divina cruise for April I was given 2 dates by the res agent.

The first date was the final payment, which is due 60 days before and therefore is 2/10/15.

I was also given a second date of 1/25/2015.

If I decide not to go and my cruise is not cancelled by that date I will lose my deposit.

The December date is probably the last day to bail without incurring a penalty of the deposit amount.

Hi jocko 4279,

I'm also on the March 28th Divina sailing. Every time I log in to my reservation, I get a message that my final payment was due -(days) ago.

When I called MSC, I was told that the final payment was not due until 60 days prior to sailing, unless you wanted to cancel, in which case it would need to be cancelled by 1/12/2015, or you lose the deposit, as stated by Deb114

I better make the final payment now, so I don't forget.

jocko, have you signed up for the roll call yet? It should be a great sailing. As a first time MSC cruiser, I am very anxious to check her out and meet everyone on our roll call.

Happy sailing,

Colleen

I made final payment last week, and asked a question about price drops. I was told that the penalty date is now 75 days out, where the final payment date is still at 60 days. Combine that strange situation with the joyfulness that is the MSC website, and I could see confusion ensuing.

Final payment is due no later than 60 days prior to sailing or by option date if booking within 60 days of sailing.

and

Reservations cancelled from 75 to 46 days prior to sailing -- the cancellation charge is equal to the deposit amount.

from: http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Terms-And-Conditions.aspx

Jocko, curious how this turned out for you? If my information is correct, your FP should be around the end of January. I'm wondering if you are booked through MSC or an outside TA. Outside TAs will usually add some lead time to the final payment to make sure it can be done in time.