Need Info on the New Crown Princess

Sandytoes

Crown Princess will debut July 2006 from Brooklyn, NY.

Very interested in taken this cruise. There's only one thing. I only book balcony staterooms. On one site it showed that only the mini-suites had balconies. On another, it showed several balconies.

Are these deck plans for an old Crown Princess?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cruise4.com/DeckPlans/PRIN/CrownPrincess/PRIN-CrownPrincess-CrossSection.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cruise4.com/DeckPlans/PRIN/CrownPrincess/PRIN-CrownPrincess-menu.html&h=141&w=650&sz=41&tbnid=HtLkYkNcKh4J:&tbnh=29&tbnw=135&hl=en&start=24&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcrown%2Bprincess%2Bcruise%2Bship%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_en%26sa%3DN

One one site it states that it holds 1,590-passenger ship and in the Princess Captain's Circle quarterly it states 3,080 passengers.

What is this all about?

Is this an old ship or is this the new Crown? http://www.schiffsphoto.de/JPG/CrownPrincess01.jpg

Fill me in on this ship --

Picture is of the old Crown Princess, sister to Regal Princess.

Description you have (although not accurate), is of old Crown. Far fewer balconies than newer ships.

New Crown is similar, but not identical, to Caribbean Princess.

The 1st sailing on the Crown is June 14th...(western)June 23rd is an (Eastern)sailing. Its a new ship with lot's of balconys. 3100 passengers & 881 private balcony rooms. It's a new ship still being built in Italy. Sounds like a great ship...I just booked it myself. Hope I helped.

We are going July 2, 2006 from the new Red Hook Cruise Pier in Brooklyn, NY (Go Yankees!!). I have a roll call for this on the roll call board if anyone is going. I have heard it will be similar to the CB Princess in size and the deck plans I believe I linked in the roll call if you want to look.

My family is also interested in taking the Crown Eastern Caribbean Cruise. My TA said that Princess was unable to provide her with a deck plan. I was also surpised that they are not giving any discounts to previous Princess cruisers. In spite of the high prices and no discounts, the ship is filling up fast. Does anyone have a link to the deck plan?

I just called to book this ship for August 7th. The Crown is not leaving from Brooklyn. It is leaving from pier 92 in NYC. The deck plans that I wanted to see for cabin selection are similar to the Caribbean Princess. So far there are no discounts for past passengers. The itinerary is great and we are really looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship.

MM

I called Princess directly and the agent named Jason told me the ship is leaving from Pier 92. I am turning the booking over to my TA tomorrow so that she can keep me posted if there are any price reductions, (which I doubt , but can only hope for). I do have a friend that is going on the maiden voyage and she was also told that the Crown is leaving from pier 92. I did read the article about the Red Hook Terminal in Brooklyn and how Carnival is moving it's better ships out of Manhatten. It's hard to know who or what to believe. I do know one thing for sure. I will be on that ship in August no matter where it leaves from. I'd be interested to hear what other people have been told by their TA or a Princess Rep. MM

We are booked on the Crown Princess, July 20, 2006, 9 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, sailing out of Red Hook, Brooklyn. All the information we have concerning our booking indicates Red Hook as the port of departure.

The only reason I could imagine this changing is if, as the Crown's inaugural sailing approaches, there is a problem with the completion of building this brand new pier in Brooklyn.

lunamoon

Hi Lemarier,

I saw your post on our roll call thread this morning, and actually I answered your question there :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=4545646#post4545646

Welcome again to the July 20, 2006 Crown roll call! Remember when you compare prices that you have to factor in that this is a 9 day cruise, not the usual 7 day cruise.

lunamoon

• 2 months later...

We are on the "maiden" on June 14. A couple of items

1. Just this week we were clearly told it is leaving from Manhatten, even after voicing our suspicions about Red Hook and a double-check.
  2. We also heard the priveleged passengers will be on the transatlantic Italy to New York. Trying to get on that, but no idea how.
  3. I've seen many concerns with maiden voyages. Any more input on this as we get closer is welcome.
  4. Anyone have any acquaintances on the June 14? I can't find anyone and it's not very full yet. (Only 3 cabins taken on Lido!!)

Archived