New Oasis GS anxiety question

I know this has been discussed by many threads in recent weeks and I apologize upfront for this, however, we have one of these new suites booked for my 65th birthday next October and I am getting really nervous about this room. We have cruised in several GSs before and they are really our preferred room. Have also been in JS.and OS but, as I said, really like GS. We have room 12330 booked for this cruise and the way people have posted it seems to have a "tight" feel with the two small rooms. When we booked we thought it would be one large room and, of course, loved the idea of the large balcony. Thinking of changing to a regular GS but would love input from anyone who has seen or cruised in these new rooms. Thank you in advance!

I know this has been discussed by many threads in recent weeks and I apologize upfront for this, however, we have one of these new suites booked for my 65th birthday next October and I am getting really nervous about this room. We have cruised in several GSs before and they are really our preferred room. Have also been in JS.and OS but, as I said, really like GS. We have room 12330 booked for this cruise and the way people have posted it seems to have a "tight" feel with the two small rooms. When we booked we thought it would be one large room and, of course, loved the idea of the large balcony. Thinking of changing to a regular GS but would love input from anyone who has seen or cruised in these new rooms. Thank you in advance!

We sailed in 11330 a week ago. The rooms are decent size in 11330 but the higher you go the smaller the rooms get. I know for example in 11330 we had no problem opening the pullout couch, however in the rooms above (12330 & 14330) the couches either had to be moved to open or they didn't open at all. The room is nothing like a traditional GS. In fact they are actually Aqua suites. If you are booking the room for the view you might be ok. We would not book one of these suites again as we too love the traditional GS and could careless about the view of the Aqua theatre. I also would not book more than 2 people in these cabins, maybe 2 adults and a small child. Overall the cabin was ok but the ceilings seemed lower than any other cabin we have ever had on RC. Happy to answer any specific questions if you have any.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your reply. How about the bar area compared to the traditional GS? I am leaning to change. We are only two people, my DH and myself. But I am very partial to an open space feeling. Also the constant long walks to everything has to factor in. We stayed in an aft JS on Indy last year and felt the constant long distance was not worth the balcony size. Just our opinion!

Thank you for your reply. How about the bar area compared to the traditional GS? I am leaning to change. We are only two people, my DH and myself. But I am very partial to an open space feeling. Also the constant long walks to everything has to factor in. We stayed in an aft JS on Indy last year and felt the constant long distance was not worth the balcony size. Just our opinion!

There is not a bar area in these cabins and yes there is a long walk to pretty much everything.

I have 14730 booked for August. After seeing the reviews I also booked a regular GS just in case I wanted to change. If I were booked in the GS's on deck 11 or 12, I would have changed. I'm holding out though because I want to see the layout of the room on deck 14. One CC'er said that a construction manager told her that room had the best views of them all and that is the one he would choose. I want to see where the floor to ceiling windows are located. Are they in the living room or bedroom. I just don't have enough information yet to cancel. Hopefully those pictures and or video will surface soon!

I have 14730 booked for August. After seeing the reviews I also booked a regular GS just in case I wanted to change. If I were booked in the GS's on deck 11 or 12, I would have changed. I'm holding out though because I want to see the layout of the room on deck 14. One CC'er said that a construction manager told her that room had the best views of them all and that is the one he would choose. I want to see where the floor to ceiling windows are located. Are they in the living room or bedroom. I just don't have enough information yet to cancel. Hopefully those pictures and or video will surface soon!

We looked at the suites on 14 while we were on oasis last week. They are tiny and seemed much smaller than the one we were in(11330) the views weren't much different than ours was as you are jus about 18' higher than deck 11 also you can not fit a lounger on either of the balconies on deck 14. They should have made those suites 1 room instead of 2.

We looked at the suites on 14 while we were on oasis last week. They are tiny and seemed much smaller than the one we were in(11330) the views weren't much different than ours was as you are jus about 18' higher than deck 11 also you can not fit a lounger on either of the balconies on deck 14. They should have made those suites 1 room instead of 2.

We have 11330 in August. Do you have any photos of your suite ? I think for two of us 11330 will be fine. I think the privacy and large balcony overrides the walk to the stern. I would probably be concerned about deck 14, but I think 11330 will work. Still feel RCI rushed these rooms and will have better balcony furniture and finishes down the road for these suites. Maybe they will have custom sofas and sleepers made to fit these awkward rooms. Gerry

Can you tell me where the floor to ceiling windows are located? Bedroom or living area?

We have 11330 in August. Do you have any photos of your suite ? I think for two of us 11330 will be fine. I think the privacy and large balcony overrides the walk to the stern. I would probably be concerned about deck 14, but I think 11330 will work. Still feel RCI rushed these rooms and will have better balcony furniture and finishes down the road for these suites. Maybe they will have custom sofas and sleepers made to fit these awkward rooms. Gerry

ImageUploadedByForums1418420475.431316.jpg.4dca68228c4901e58cd413cbe9001ce9.jpg

2 people will be fine in 11330. Hopefully it will be complete by the time you sail. You will like the suite lounge and coastal kitchen! I'll try to dig up more pics, these were what I have on my phone.

ImageUploadedByForums1418420301.313627.jpg.5a5db660372cf956bdb48992edd309d9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418420335.921604.jpg.bcc2f9e026de5f6b47c4a93053c23afa.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418420377.723381.jpg.709aec4cef5f1c9302dfb1c19d45717d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418420412.956716.jpg.1a6917f3014d29a250e658adf28e2fa0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1418420446.247467.jpg.f5e9f0931ec135b9d10d1947a1f153de.jpg

I think if they had done one room, there would have been a huge support beam right in the middle of the cabin -- they probably used a wall to hide it.

If you look at these pictures of the Aqua Theater Suites you can see the large beam on the lower balconies, but it disappears when you get up to Deck 11. I know it's still there, but it's inside instead of out on the balcony. I think they tried to disguise the beam (it's huge!) by building a wall.

I don't know that for sure, but it seems to make sense to me.

IMG_9311W-L.jpg

IMG_8238W-L.jpg