Regal Library

Alicomp

I thought I posted this yesterday but can't find it. Forgive me if I posted twice.

Does the Regal library have comfy chairs and is the library large enough to sit in and read? It looks very small on the deck plan. If not, is there a quiet area on the ship where one can read (other than our cabin :) ).

Thank you.

I thought I posted this yesterday but can't find it. Forgive me if I posted twice.

Does the Regal library have comfy chairs and is the library large enough to sit in and read? It looks very small on the deck plan. If not, is there a quiet area on the ship where one can read (other than our cabin :) ).

Thank you.

The library is extremely small & there aren't to many quiet places to sit and read. Even the Piazza (which has some decent reading chairs) will start music from time to time with some even going on. Deck 7 has some comfortable chairs but there always seemed to be either an auction of something else making noise.

Forget sitting in the Vista lounge even if there nothing going on....it's freezing in there. Bring a coat & earmuffs. :D

I actually forgot about that place & I don't think it's used for much during the day.
On my two Royal cruises, it was used for trivia and God forbid you're using a seat that a trivia player needs/wants. :( It was also used for private group events. But those were trans-Atlantic cruises with lots of sea days.

This is small. Why even do it? I still bring books with me. Haven't moved to the digital book reading yet. Old fashioned I guess.

No shipboard library can carry all novels, literature, periodicals, and reference books to cater to everyone's whimsical tastes. The best shipboard library I have ever seen was on Queen Mary 2, but I'm sure even it was missing some of her guests favorites.

As each cruise line serves a different demographic of clientele, and those passengers step into the 21st century to embrace modern technology, shipboard libraries are, for the most part, becoming an outdated service. But 'some' library is better than none, to appease those who, as you say, are old fashioned and require a 'brick and mortar' facility to draw their reading material from.

As for quiet places to read - depending on the time of day, whether it is a port or sea day, and what level of background noise you can tolerate, there are plenty of places on Royal Princess and Regal Princess to sit, read, and see the ocean.

:D

OP Here - Just to clarify, we are looking for a place to read, not for books. We have tons of books on kindles/iPads. My husband also writes, so looks for a place to sit and write on his laptop. We will have a lot of sea days on our next TA, so this is important to us. Thanks for your replies.