Bacardi rum tour

beachbratt

we just got back from San Juan on the Disney Fantasy and did the tour on our own....they now are charging to do the tour.....the regular tour was $12 per person and included a take home glass and a drink and then they offered a premium is $35 per person and you get to see the actual distillery and can do a rum tasting or mixology class ......so be aware it has changed and no longer free......

Thank you for this update. I was figuring out if it was worth traveling out to the distillery from our hotel in Isla Verde on our day before the cruise, and now that it's not only no longer free, but on the pricey side, I think we'll just relax on the beach and rest up at the hotel for the day.

beachBratt,

Thanks for all the Great Info on the Tour! I was wanting to take this tour, but after seeing the price just to get to see how they make the rum(35.00)they can keep there tour. Other place like Jack Daniels (Free)and Budweiser(Free)here in St Louis. I guess they don't respect there customers like they other places do.......The other PR rum is actually better!!!!!

How did you do the tour on your own? We're in PR in Feb and really want to go but NCL isn't offering a tour, so we're a little hesitant to do this on our own.

very easy to do it on your own ....go to Terminal #2 and take the ferry over to Catano it costs $1.00 round trip per person....then as u leave the terminal in Catano go to the right towards a parking garage there will be plenty of taxis to take you to Bacardi the price is 1-4 people $12 one way

So what was in the 'regular' tour?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

they took you over on shuttle then you walk into the building different rooms show different things with actual papers in the office room they show a movie take you in a room that looks like a bar where a gentlemen gave a bit of history and how to make a few drinks then we got a sample of Bacardi select in the gift store more free samples then back onto the shuttle to where we started from there you can get your free full size drink in the souvenir glass you receive with the purchase of the tour...all in all we liked it but would never pay what the cruise lines charge to go

• 2 weeks later...
very easy to do it on your own ....go to Terminal #2 and take the ferry over to Catano it costs $1.00 round trip per person....then as u leave the terminal in Catano go to the right towards a parking garage there will be plenty of taxis to take you to Bacardi the price is 1-4 people $12 one way

How easy is it to get a taxi to return to the ferry? I am confused as to the price of the tour at Bacardi, if you go over to do it on your own. Is it still $35.00? Thanks for your help.

Edited by thepoint
additional question

How easy is it to get a taxi to return to the ferry? I am confused as to the price of the tour at Bacardi, if you go over to do it on your own. Is it still $35.00? Thanks for your help.

From my understanding of the new tour prices... it is $12 a person for the normal tour and $35 for an enhanced tour. If you go on your own that is the price. If you go as a tour then they will have the ride there and back included.

Does anybody know what is the average travel time to get to the Bacardi visitor center from the cruise pier? (I'll be taking the ferry and then a taxi to Bacardi's) We were hoping to do the enhanced tour in the afternoon on the day we board. I understand their last tour on Sundays is at 3:45 pm

• 2 weeks later...

There is a taxi stand right in the parking lot so its real easy to get one however if it's less then 4 people you will still pay $12 to get back to the ferry if you have time and want to save some money wait a few for more people going back....also the regular tour is $12 per person so if you do it on your own ...it will cost about $25 per person ferry $1 taxi $12 tour $12 plus tip for taxi which is probably half the cost of the ships excursion...:)

Does anybody know what is the average travel time to get to the Bacardi visitor center from the cruise pier? (I'll be taking the ferry and then a taxi to Bacardi's) We were hoping to do the enhanced tour in the afternoon on the day we board. I understand their last tour on Sundays is at 3:45 pm

the ferry was about 10-15 minutes and so was the taxi but take into consideration waiting for the ferry to go and how much traffic on roads with taxi all will factor in the whole time