emergency, leaving sunday need an answer

princess76021

I hope so because I have brought mine on the last four cruises. I always unplug it when I am not in the cabin and make sure I clean up after myself. I couldn't possibly go a whole week drinking brown sludge. An officer came to our cabin to fix our safe and commented on how good the coffee smelled! Don't forget the filters!

I had thought of taking my little two-cup coffeemaker one time, then decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Room service is so quick, and I can drink any coffee for a few days, and actually I don't find it bad enough to drag coffee, coffee pot, filters, etc. along with all my other stuff. :p

I don't think the issue is getting coffe when you want it but the quality of the coffee available.

I was thinking of getting one of those little POD coffeemakers. Maybe I'll put that on my Christmas list. Just not sure how good that coffee will be. Since I gave up smoking, coffee is my new addiction.

I had thought of taking my little two-cup coffeemaker one time, then decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Room service is so quick, and I can drink any coffee for a few days, and actually I don't find it bad enough to drag coffee, coffee pot, filters, etc. along with all my other stuff. :p
Cotton I'm with you on this one!!!!;) The coffee is not that bad besides the Kulaha kills all taste in the morning...LOL I can't stand fake maple syrup got to have the real stuff but on the cruise I just went with out!!! I can work around a week on a cruise.. That is one jug less for maple syrup and one more 5th for Jack!!! LOL

Maybe princess76021 likes flavored coffee....like me....they have those little coffee makers that brew right into an insulated cup at Target, K-mart, Wally world, etc.....:rolleyes:

you hit the nail on the head with the coffee maker!!!;) actually this thread is for a friend that is leaving sunday on the elation out of galveston. i still have a few weeks for mine on september 18 on the conquest. and i'm a tea toller!!!!

:D

can i bring my own coffee maker????:confused:

Hey, and take along that Coleman stove and lantern too while you're at it.

You are not going camping, you are going on a luxury cruise ship with all the amenities including 24 hr coffee service which you can walk to, or if you can't walk, you can call room service and they will bring it to you.

It's amazing at some of the idiotic things people want to pack. You are not going into the wilderness, and the coffee is pretty decent. The Liberty even had a coffee bar (for a price) ala Starbucks where those who need to can get their Latteschmattefrappes with soymilk and raw sugar.

BnB

For me, the pot would be more trouble than it is worth. The main place I'll drink coffee is on deck. I can easily pass by Lido and fill my cup. If you choose this route, take your favorite cup. All you will find on board are 6oz ceramic cups. I'll be taking a 16oz insulated mug.

I'm a coffee person also......really enjoyed the pot of coffee from the Sensation's room service set-up.....fast service....stout enough coffee....and hot enough. It was great....the room service also served as our wake-up call. Room service every morning included always a sweet and smiling face of the server with the aromatic pot of coffee and wonderful sweet rolls in tow.

Wasn't there a thread a while back that some guy was freaking out about everyone bringing thier appliances onboard and what a fire hazard he thought all that was.. Seeing that he believed it was all bought at garage sales...

I am sure he is hoping he is not in the cabin next to the OP...

LOL

Go ahead take it along, enjoy your morning java... and your cruise...

my, my, aren't some people offended for silly reasons.

Ok Offended may have been a hasty choice of words........

But why not mention the coffee maker in the title...

That said, I can see why someone might consider taking a coffee maker as people have strong preferences about coffee.......

But I think emergency should be reserved for more important things...;)

What about a big sign to hang off my balcony so all the other cc'ers in port can say hi? It'll say something like "Honk if you brought your crock pot!":p

Maybe it should say Coffee Pot!! since that was the OP's question :D

Archived