Galveston + Fog

Luluwa

Wanting to book the 5-ni Magic sailing February 28th for our Silver wedding anniversary. I know that February is high risk for fog in Galveston. Any advice or ideas or experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My wife and I took a cruise this last January. We went to Galveston a day early and spent the night in Galveston. I woke up in the morning, and yep, foggy. We got a message from Carnival that the ship was out in the gulf, waiting for the fog to lift and not to come to the terminal until we were told to. At two in the afternoon, the ship still wasn't there so, we booked another night at the hotel, just in case. Shortly after we booked the room, the fog lifted, and the ship came into port. We finally got to board it about eight in the evening. Coming back to Houston, the same thing. The port was closed due to fog, and we didn't get off the ship until about eight in the evening again. We didn't want to drive home in the fog that night, so, we booked a night in the hotel and left the next morning.

We are currently booked on a Triumph sailing, getting back 1/26. Our return flight is set for 1:30 pm. We could move to 5:00 pm or 8:15 pm. Do you think we are good at our original return, or should we change to later? If later, do you think 5:00 is sufficient? Thanks in advance!

We sailed in early February of this year and had no issues with fog...it was overcast, but no fog. It's really hit or miss...Texas weather can be so goofy.

I would change your flight to a later time if you can...better safe than sorry! Plus, there are plenty of things to do in Galveston if you do get off early and have to wait for a flight.