POA - Is there Tendering at any ports?

skywalkervadar

Hey or eh,

We are seriously thinking about Pride of America for a March 2006 Hawaii cruise but are conflicted due the very negative comments about service and quality on the ship. Right now we are weighing POA (great itinerary but bad service) vs. Celebrity Summit (great service, food, etc but lots of sea days [14 day cruise] and less Island time).

One of the factors we've thought about is the tendering. Is there tendering on POA and has anyone experienced any problems, especially missed ports due to rough seas? Summit has 3 tender ports so was wondering if POA is the same.

Thanks and we look forward to everyone's comments,

SkywalkerVadar

February 2004 - Celebrity Constellation - Carribean Cruise

December 2004 - Holland America Zuiderdam - Carribean Cruise

March 2006 - ??? (not sure yet) - Hawaiian Cruise

I have been to Hawaii twice on the Star and the POA (Pride of Aloha), and I guess the POAm would be the same. The ship docks in Honolulu, Hilo, Kauai and Kahalui, Maui but has to tender in Kona (all ships do, too shallow to dock). If you happen to end up with a cruise that visits Lahania, Maui instead of Kahalui, then that is also a tender port.

I have never experienced rough tendering in Kona, the water is actually quite calm there. The ships also do not usually miss dockings in Hawaii because the distances traveling between ports is short.

Archived