Help Port Everglades

kteachcruiser52

We are arriving on the Freedom in Terminal 19 and departing the same day on the Conquest from Terminal 4 . Can we walk with rolling luggage from #19 to #4. Approximate distance or time? Is there a shuttle between terminals? We are in our early 60's, but can walk OK as long as there are sidewalks. The maps we found show streets but there is no legend for distances and no way to know if there are sidewalks, ect. Does anyone have experience doing this? I read that cabs do not want to take you because of the short distance. Thanks for any help you can give us.

There was a shuttle two weeks ago transporting guests from Terminal 21 (Caribbean Princess) to Terminal 2 (Royal Princess).

You can walk it, but would probably prefer not as the port is rather large. If Carnival and Port Everglades are not operating a shuttle, a taxi would be recommended for your comfort.

Edited by Disconnections

I agree, if no shuttle, I would do a taxi. I can't speak on behalf of there being a shuttle or not, because I have never gone from one ship to another. But Port Everglades is quite large, and with handling luggage and dealing with the (likely) heat I would take the taxi. It would be a cheap taxi ride.

I agree, if no shuttle, I would do a taxi. I can't speak on behalf of there being a shuttle or not, because I have never gone from one ship to another. But Port Everglades is quite large, and with handling luggage and dealing with the (likely) heat I would take the taxi. It would be a cheap taxi ride.

They should have a shuttle though. Port Everglades operates a continuous shuttle from the ships to the crew area by Quarterdeck and the Art Institute. There are many ethnic restaurants that offer free wifi and various other stores that supply crew with products they may require at considerably lower prices.

Of course, this specific shuttle is for the crew only.

We got off Oasis of the seas dec 13 and walked to get on Carnival Freedom but they were conveniently docked right next to each other. There wasn't a lot of cross walks and it was hard getting out of the terminal area but no bad considering how close they were. It sounds like your ship is quite a bit further though so I think for the hassle and stress I would take a cab. It shouldn't be more than $10-$15 and they will drop you in the proper place to leave your bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off Oasis of the seas dec 13 and walked to get on Carnival Freedom but they were conveniently docked right next to each other. There wasn't a lot of cross walks and it was hard getting out of the terminal area but no bad considering how close they were. It sounds like your ship is quite a bit further though so I think for the hassle and stress I would take a cab. It shouldn't be more than $10-$15 and they will drop you in the proper place to leave your bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For ease and simplicity, I'd take a cab. No waiting to fill up a shuttle before leaving the first terminal. Are shuttles free?

No pedestrian traffic allowed during road construction between Midport and Northport.

Sidewalks are under construction.

No shuttles - Shuttles only provided when vessel ends up at different terminal than left from.

The Conquest arrives at Terminal 4 in Port Everglades at 3:00PM (debark in Miami, plus travel time to Port Everglades)

Suggest taking a taxi and explore Greater Fort Lauderdale and return when the cruiseline wants you to arrive.

Edited by foflocruiser