Recipe Request

Wrigleesmom

Does anyone know of a way to get a recipe from NCL? The post about food got me thinking about it again. On the Wind for Italian night they had a cheese ravioli in a sundried tomato sauce. It was to die for. I asked the waitress if they gave out recipes and she said no. Does anyone know if I can contact someone to get it? (It is for private use.)

Thanks!

I have a recipe for Tortellini Bolognese, which is similar to what you want except that it is four cheese tortellini rather than ravioli, that I got by hook or by crook from one of the executive chef types on a galley tour (also got some great cold cream soup recipes). I have also modified it to proportions fit for a family of 4-5 rather than institutional cooking. If you are interested, I am going to the storage locker on Friday and could dig it up for you. If so, feel free to e-ail me at kdaylyon1@msn.com

At the "Cook-off" on the Dream 7/21-8/1, the Chef said that to get a recipe, ask the Maitre'd or someone in charge or in writing and the recipe would be delivered to your cabin before disembarkation. I wish I had done so for those delicious chilled soups!:)

There was an awesome Rhubarb crumble on the Star last summer...wish I could get the recipe for that! If they have it on the Spirit, I'll make sure I ask for it this time!

They used to have a page in the Latitudes magazine that had 4 recipes, altered for household size, but I haven't seen anything like that in awhile. I was going to make the forest mushroom soup, but the list of ingredients was exotic and about a page & 1/2 long:D

Good luck with the ravioli recipe!

I'll be enjoying some of this cruise food in a mere 2 days!!

On the Star in May, we had asked the Maitre'd for the recipes for the chilled fruit soups. He said no problem, he will get the recipes from the chef and have them delivered to our cabin the next day. We asked again in a couple of days for these and they said the same thing. If they weren't to give out the recipes, why couldn't they just say so, instead of saying "what is your cabin number and we will have them delivered to your cabin".

NMNita, I'm with you, last year we bought one and gave it as a gift. On this year's cruise I planned on bringing one home for us. Unfortunately our cruise was cut short due to a family emergency and I never got one. Do you think NCL would sell them direct if they were contacted?

For all those who have requested recipes (or still want to), I will be going to the storage locker today and will pick them up, then e-mail en masse from work tomorrow morning around 0500 PDT. See my previous post for e-mail addy if you are interested. (I got them from one of the chefs aboard ship and have already altered them to family size).

You are more than welcome. The ones that I will be sending are: Norwegian Blueberry, Curried Pumpkin, Strawberry Champagne, Ginger Peach, Cream of Mango, and Banana Coconut (which you can fix with or without the rum). As this is how they were given to those of us who asked, please remember that they are for personal use only, not to put into cookbooks or up onto the net.

Fam of 5 and NMNita,

Would you like me to buy you the White House cookbooks onboard the Spirit, if they are available on our cruise next week? I'd be glad to pick them up and mail them out to you. Let me know quickly, 'cause we're out the door in about two hours :D :D

Fam of 5 and NMNita,

Would you like me to buy you the White House cookbooks onboard the Spirit, if they are available on our cruise next week? I'd be glad to pick them up and mail them out to you. Let me know quickly, 'cause we're out the door in about two hours :D :D

Thanks Julie for the offer but we will be on the Jewel in just 8 days. I will try and pick one up then. NMNita

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the recipes!! Guess I'm off to the grocery store after having returned home to an empty fridge and no-one to cook for me.

They didn't have the cookbook on the Spirit. I hope you have better luck on the Jewel, Nita.

I tried to get the "Rhubarb cruimble" recipe. The Maitre d' wrote down my request to ask the chef, but I guess it isn't a recipe that has been distributed in the past, so it didn't show up behind the shell on my door:( . I'll have to try again next time:D

Archived