Es ????

Bases5

I have read the rule's and I'm asking if I'm reading this correctly?

If you book ES and put down $500 deposit for 2 and you have to cancel.

It will cost you $100 (I'm Ok with this risk) But I read they hold the other $400 as a FCC to be used within 24 months. I thought about trying ES next time but not worth it to me.

I'll just keep checking prices until final payment and stop looking afterworlds.

I put 4 or 5 deposit's down on future cruises so i can get cabin and dates I like with ever intention of canceling some of them when I can truly confirm work schedule and such. Like I said was willing to sacrifice the $100 but not tie up all that money in FCC's

I was just asking if I was reading there rule's correctly?

many thanks for your help.

Yes that is correct. Cancelling is a $50 penalty (they call it an administrative fee) per person. The rest is held to use as a FCC within 24 months. I just did this. Changed from one sailing date and ship to another - essentially cancelling and rebooking. We lost $200 total since it was 4 of us. Other money that had been paid was transferred to the new booking.

Yes that is correct. Cancelling is a $50 penalty (they call it an administrative fee) per person. The rest is held to use as a FCC within 24 months. I just did this. Changed from one sailing date and ship to another - essentially cancelling and rebooking. We lost $200 total since it was 4 of us. Other money that had been paid was transferred to the new booking.

Thanks

Also be aware that the low price guarantee that comes with Early Saver is misleading. Carnival tends to offer its lowest prices close to sail date as "guarantees." So if you book Early Saver, you cannot actually price match to these lower fares. Carnival tends to deny most price drop requests these days if you use the online form request, regardless of the circumstances, so getting a legitimate price drop honored under Early Saver can be a hassle, taking more than one request to get help. I state that as my personal experience.

Also be aware that the low price guarantee that comes with Early Saver is misleading. Carnival tends to offer its lowest prices close to sail date as "guarantees." So if you book Early Saver, you cannot actually price match to these lower fares. Carnival tends to deny most price drop requests these days if you use the online form request, regardless of the circumstances, so getting a legitimate price drop honored under Early Saver can be a hassle, taking more than one request to get help. I state that as my personal experience.

This has been my experience too. I always have to call them up after getting the rejection 2 or 3 days later, and the phone rep gets it taken care of. It would seem that some people must have accounts set to always get rejected, no matter what, while others will get accepted if it is legit. Same as how Carnival has things set up for some people to continue getting free cruise offers, while most people will never get one. My friends that I have cruised with always get approved for their ES requests, even when I send them under their names, but the ones sent under my name get rejected.

I like using Early Saver, because most of my cruises have been booked way in advance, knowing for sure that I'm going. But if there is doubt, then Early Saver might not be the way to go. Early Saver is the cheapest rate when booking, so I might as well go with that, and even if no price drops come, I still got out the cheapest. But then there is that trick Carnival uses with the guarantees. Even if they do break their rules and let you match to that price, you have to give up the good room you picked, and then you might get assigned a bad room. So it is a risk.

Edited by k2excursion

I'll just keep checking prices until final payment and stop looking afterwards.

Even without ES, it's still a good idea to check for price drops after final payment. You may not get credit, but you can always receive an upgrade to a better stateroom. We've gone from oceanview to balcony free of charge this way.

Personally, I don't like ES although some people rave about it. The fare is too restrictive. Non refundable deposit, penalty fees, no name changes, no downgrades, and the fine print will bite you in your bottom. Like you, I like to have the flexibility to change ships, sailing dates, or even cruise lines until closer to departure, so ES doesn't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app