Jewel-Report-Good and Bad!

colmil

When we sailed on Dawn, we were not allowed to make reservations for the main restaurants. Were you able to reserve a table at the main two restaurants on Jewel, or was reserving in advance restricted to the specialty restaurants? When you stood in line for 20 minutes was that for the two main restaurants? Thanks for your interesting comments. We hope there will be fewer children on our Sept 18 cruise.

The group of people I was with on the Jersey mini cruise had no problem making a reservation in Tsar's on Jewel, which is one of the non speciality restaurants.

We reserved tables in advance at Mamas, Czars, And Azura, we did not use the speciaility restaurants, however, I do know that Le Bistro is extremely popular and I would suggest booking as soon as you arrive.

Well I said I was not going to get on this machine again til we get back, but here I am. I don't think the wine list prices are much different than in the past. We always figure between $20 and $25 a bottle. I am hoping they will have the wine package: buy 5 bottles, get the 6th one free. Anyway, I am not as concerned now as I was when I read the first couple reviews. NMNita

Hi guys

My husband has asked me to pose a question.

To those who have just come back from a Jewel Cruise or any previous NCL cruisers.

On RCI and Princess they had tea/coffee stations at points around the ship for complimentary hot beverages through out the day - do they have this on the Jewel ?

:) Thanks for that Colmil.

It is nice to know that you can get a hot drink when you fancy it, us brits tend to like a good cup of tea several times a day!!

We are into single figures for the countdown, 8 days and we will be onboard, really looking forward to it after reading all the previous Jeweler's posts.

Certainly there is coffee always available in the Garden Cafe, and thr Great Outdoors most times. I never noticed any other machines.

There are also tea/coffee making facilities in your cabin and I had coffee more than once in Java Cafe too..the only ones I had put on the cabin account were the very nice alcoholic coffees there :)

In addition to NMNita's question some reviews have said that there are self service laundry rooms, but according to the ship's deck plans there are none.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject? :confused:

There are definately self service laundries on Jewel, midships on both sides of the ship on each cabin deck, if memory serves.

Thanks for all the great hints! Concerning the reservations for restaurants, can you book from your cabin. If not, where do you make reservations? Also, where did you find the menus for each day? Would it be possible to get into Mama's Kitchen at lunch time?

The last time we cruised NCL we were with a large group. Even thoough we had reservations at the same time each evening, we had to stand in the wait line. They also wouldn't allow us to reserve the same table and waiter. Most often our group of ten was squeezed at a table for eight and the waiters seemed to resent it. This time we are a group of four and I want things to go smoother.

Your posts are making the 44 days to my cruise pass with great anticipation!

Films on Jewel while on the Jersey cruise were Sandra Bullock films...Speed, Speed 2 and Miss Congeniality. I watched the ship's camera most of the time, watching where we were going.

I booked a table in Tsars 48 hrs in advance but then I was only aboard for 2 nights anyway. The plasma info screens on each main deck show availability of bookings/larger parties and waiting times.

Menus are displayed outside each restaurant for each meal. You can book via the phone in the cabin or via the desk which is on the right hand side of the main reception desk on deck 7 just off the Crystal Atrium.

We are booked on the 11 day Oct. 21,2005 Canada/NE sail. I was wondering....is it possible to get an advance copy of EACH day's menus for the week? It would make it a lot easier to decide when to book the alternate restaurants. I'm not all that picky but...that being said, there were some nites on the 11 day Dawn trip last Feb. that I would just as soon have booked one of the $$$ restaurants...for example I'm not at all fond of the Caribbean nite....nor any kind of cajun themed menu.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Happy cruising!

I watched the ship's camera most of the time, watching where we were going.

This is how we spent a lot of time on the Dream this summer in Alaska - and checking how it compared with what we could see from our balcony. :D

Dear UKDeb,

You can have peace and quiet, above the Spinnaker, i.e. take the deck above the pool area on the port side, forward, keep going until the stairs on the right, there is an area at the top, turn left and keep going, and there is a large area with plenty of beds overlooking the front of the ship.

If you need any further info please do not hesitate to contact me.

Colmil(Darlington, England)

Are those the topless sun loungers ;)

Never saw any topless sunbathing, sorry!

One channel has old films such as Sound of Music, the other had ones such as Miss Congeniality and Million Dollar Baby , all on at different times.

Sorry, I forgot the other questions....

Shampoo and shower gel are provided but we always use our own.

Mamas does not open lunchtime.

We did not use the laundry so we do not know of any special offers.

Archived