Carnival Shuttle from IAH to Galv? Lodging?

Flatland

We are in the planning stages of a cruise out of Galv. We've read many threads about options (and frustrations) for transportation from IAH to the port.

We are considering staying at the airport hotel or a near one and using Carnival's shuttle the day of the cruise. We always arrive a day or 2 ahead due to winter weather in the upper Midwest.

What is the earliest time shuttles can be taken from IAH to Galv? Do they wait for a full bus to be filled before leaving; I assume?

If we stay at or near the airport, are there any stores for last minute drinks to take with us?

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Well, I guess I can answer one of my own questions. I just found they start seating the transfers at 10 AM.

Would we need to stay at the airport hotel or could we come back to the transfers the morning of our cruise?

I would think we could get a taxi to the baggage pick-up area on that morning of the shuttle. Perhaps we could arrive and drop off a rental car and then go to the baggage area. Don't know how far of a walk that would be with luggage.

Any commentary would be helpful. Thanks.

Kev

Most of the hotels around IAH have shuttles to/from the airport. If you arrive the day/night before all you have to do is just grab the shuttle back to the airport in the morning. They will drop you off at the departure area and all you have to do is walk downstairs to the baggage claim area. I just pick a flight number that arrives about 10am and tell the cruise line that (they are going to check flight manifests it just gives them an idea of who arrives and when).

There really isn't much around the airport hotels other than more hotels, offices and airport stuff. There are a few fast food places within walking distance but that is about it.

We've done this several times in different ports. We like Hampton Inn, but there are other's that offer the same thing.

We fly in the day before, call the hotel (after collecting our luggage) to pick us up. There's no charge, but you should tip the driver. When we check in at the hotel we ask to sign up for the shuttle to the airport the next day. You can usually select the time you want. We like to go about 10:30 A.M. Again, it's a free shuttle back to the airport, but you should tip the driver.

As far as dinner is concerned, we have a "night before" pizza, ordered from Papa John's or Pizza Hut and delivered to the hotel room. No, it's not very exciting, but we're comfortable, fed and ready to go the next morning.

Have a wonderful cruise,