Diving Martinique

LindaSSF

We will be on a cruise that stops in Martinique for a day. We will have our dive gear with us & would love to dive here. Unfortunately, I can't find much about diving here, and there are no dives offered by our ship.

Has anyone dived Martinique who can recommend a dive operator? French is not one of the languages that we speak, so we're looking for a DM who can give at least a basic safety briefing in English.

We are both experienced divers with PADI AOW certs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We've been researching this ourselves for a December cruise but haven't found anyone with rave reviews, not even on scubaboard. Our only experience with French dive operators was in Raiatea (Tahiti) and believe me, the language barrier was a challenge. I guess we'll make this a land-based day. We also bring our own gear and are diving at every other port.

We will be on a cruise that stops in Martinique for a day. We will have our dive gear with us & would love to dive here. Unfortunately, I can't find much about diving here, and there are no dives offered by our ship.

Has anyone dived Martinique who can recommend a dive operator? French is not one of the languages that we speak, so we're looking for a DM who can give at least a basic safety briefing in English.

We are both experienced divers with PADI AOW certs.

I am also a diver, but had to snorkel when I was in Martinique. I dont usually like to snorkel but I must say the Brain coral were HUGE and abundant. Well worth it ..I never saw a dive shop there..but it was a few years ago.

I've had one shop answer - only after a friend translated to French for me. Before that, nothing. Unfortunately, the shop is almost 1 hr by cab, only 15 min by boat, but they won't pick up from a ship.