Crown Princess - My Thoughts

Working 2 Cruise

I am going to bring a Egg crate with me on my long Crown cruise in October.

If I wind up with new mattress, will donate it to another suffering person with old mattress.We are going back on the Ruby for two weeks in March and I will have to bring egg crate then too. They are so cheap, will leave it on the ship

so next person can have comfort.

Remember that : "The Crown Princess goes in for a 12 Day Tuneup & Refreshening" from May 3, 2015 thru May 15, 2015! Great news for our cruise in Oct of 2015!

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We were on the Dec. 13th cruise on the Crown. Had a wonderful time. We had a mid-ship mini and had one of the "new" mattresses... very comfortable. Ship looked good to us. We ate 3 times in specialty restaurants - 2 nights in Crown Grill (always great) and 1 night in Sabatini's (love the new menu). Didn't like the lines in the anytime dining restaurant but got a beeper and waited in the bar/piazza area. Wait was no more than 20 minutes. It was a fairly young cruise (lots of kids on winter break) so we were always able to get a lounger in the shade. Heard some people complain that the pool was cooler than usual. Don't know personally because we didn't swim. We're going on the Crown again in March and looking forward to it.

Working 2 Cruise, there are 6 of us that will be on the Crown for the first time in March to Mexico do you happen to have the Patters from your cruise? My sister and I would love to see what the Crown has going on.

Thank you for your input on the Crown we are so looking forward to sailing on her.

Karen

Working 2 Cruise, there are 6 of us that will be on the Crown for the first time in March to Mexico do you happen to have the Patters from your cruise? My sister and I would love to see what the Crown has going on.

Thank you for your input on the Crown we are so looking forward to sailing on her.

Karen

I do have most of them but I have no way to scan them. Also, entertainment changes on a regular basis, so what was happening then may have changed, especially since the CD changed.

Let me know what you want to know and I'll try to answer.

Are all cabin type beds changed out to new ones?

I am going to be on Crown for Tahiti- Hawaii cruise and was thinking to bring a Egg crate topper. We will have a balcony cabin on Caribe deck. My back was killing me on the recent Grand Princess cruise in November. Just got back from Ruby. If I didn't ask for a mattress topper, would have been miserable. It made a bit of a difference but by day three, my hip was killing me and continued till I got home. Never had hip problem so it was sleeping on my side on a concrete slab that did it.They don't use Egg crate toppers , just a thin pillow top pad.

beds were comfy and the pillows were dreamy

Karen

I can get the Patters scanned and posted tomorrow.

Why not ask for an egg crate for the ahead of time? We ask for one on all our Princess cruises.

The Princess toppers aren't really egg crate foam toppers.... they are more like a mattress pad. You know the old saying, if you want something done right, do it yourself. Or, in this case, if you want to be sure that you have a comfortable foam topper, just take one yourself!

We always buy a queen size 3" egg crate topper from Walmart to take with us, and leave it for the next passengers (or crew). It comes compressed for easy travel, and we just spring it open when we first get to our cabin. By bedtime it is fully expanded. It costs $34.99, which comes out to $2.50 per person per night for a couple on a 7 day cruise. After spending thousands on our once-a-year vacation, $35 is a small price to pay for the peace of mind knowing that we will sleep comfortably!

beds were comfy and the pillows were dreamy

I agree, far better than my Golden Princess last year! That travisty was like sleeping on a concret slab and the pillows were like a bag of marbles!:eek: My Crown cabin was much better and I slept like a baby:D!

I am going to bring a Egg crate with me on my long Crown cruise in October.

If I wind up with new mattress, will donate it to another suffering person with old mattress.We are going back on the Ruby for two weeks in March and I will have to bring egg crate then too. They are so cheap, will leave it on the ship

so next person can have comfort.

Good idea Sue:

WE were on the recent 28 day LA-Tahiti-LA Cruise and were in P-332. The beds were horrible. WE requested egg crates but all our steward was able to come up with was various and sundry pieces of foam rubber which he placed as well as he could. It wasn't perfect but was tolerable. I guess they haven't gotten around to changing the beds on Plaza deck.

Marty

Edited by janacin
Addition