Bottomless Bubbles in Carnival Glass

tk22

My sister just got off the Magic Sunday and said she purchased the bottomless bubbles sticker and a glass which was sold where she bought the sticker. when she took her glass to get a soda, she was charged 12 cents. When she questioned the charge, she was told there was no charge if she got it in the regular glass?? She was confused and stated she had bought the Carnival glass when she purchased the sticker, but they insisted there was the charge is they put the soda in her glass. Has anyone else experienced this? I have purchased this in the past and was never charged to get soda in the Carnival glass.p, but I no longer use my own glass as I dint want to keep up with a glass.

Was she in a US port at the time? They now charge you (no matter what glass you use) sales tax on your soda with Bottomless Bubbles when in a US port.

Yep, that's what has been happening to me. Happened twice.

I am charged cents for my free drink in the MDR brunch. Reason given was because we were already in port that last morning.

With the beverage cards they now charge the tax on the drinks actually 'purchased' in the embarkation port. Much better than how it used to be-- tax on the whole price when purchased at embark.

I would actually rather have it the old way. I know it had the potential to cost a little more, but usually they never actually put into the system until we were out to sea. Therefore, no tax at all.

Now you have to sign a receipt even when it's $0.00.

It is such a waste of paper the new way and it's totally inconvenient. Even the bartenders hate it.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I would actually rather have it the old way. I know it had the potential to cost a little more, but usually they never actually put into the system until we were out to sea. Therefore, no tax at all.

Now you have to sign a receipt even when it's $0.00.

It is such a waste of paper the new way and it's totally inconvenient. Even the bartenders hate it.

The ships out of Long Beach never held the charges. Paid the tax on the full amount.

The slip is an accounting thing, also it's a way to add extra tips.

The ships out of Long Beach never held the charges. Paid the tax on the full amount.

The slip is an accounting thing, also it's a way to add extra tips.

I always tip cash. They can still swipe your card and not make you sign a receipt. Celebrity does it and Carnival used to.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I hate to contradict however, we got off the Glory on Saturday and I have a big issue with Carnival and the bottomless bubbles program.

I bought the sticker in port in Miami and paid the full price for the week and was charged tax on the total amount.

Then I ordered a soda and had to sign the slip which was $.13. I had to pay tax on each drink until we got into international waters as well as PR and St. Thomas. I believe that this is double dipping on the tax.

I would love to have an accountant who lives in Florida check into it and tell me if I am right.

As far as the refillable cups, some bartenders at the red frog and the blue iguana will not fill it with juice and gave me a cup of juice saying that the card gives you 10 oz and not 16 oz.

Also, you have to sign a slip for every drink. I guess they are looking for additional tips.

Howard

I hate to contradict however, we got off the Glory on Saturday and I have a big issue with Carnival and the bottomless bubbles program.

I bought the sticker in port in Miami and paid the full price for the week and was charged tax on the total amount.

Then I ordered a soda and had to sign the slip which was $.13. I had to pay tax on each drink until we got into international waters as well as PR and St. Thomas. I believe that this is double dipping on the tax.

I would love to have an accountant who lives in Florida check into it and tell me if I am right.

As far as the refillable cups, some bartenders at the red frog and the blue iguana will not fill it with juice and gave me a cup of juice saying that the card gives you 10 oz and not 16 oz.

Also, you have to sign a slip for every drink. I guess they are looking for additional tips.

Howard

Are you sure it was tax and not the 15% gratuity? That is automatically added in at the time of purchase.

Howard

Are you sure it was tax and not the 15% gratuity? That is automatically added in at the time of purchase.

Firemanbobswife, if I remember correctly, didn't you have that same issue with being double taxed? I believe the thread you started when you were onboard the Carnival Glory touched on this subject.

Edited by Disconnections

Firemanbobswife, if I remember correctly, didn't you have that same issue with being double taxed? I believe the thread you started when you were onboard the Carnival Glory touched on this subject.

I went back through my records and it was just the gratuity that was added at the time of purchase. I wasn't double taxed. But, yes, I did start a thread when I first boarded back in October because I was shocked that they 1st of all made me sign a receipt, and 2nd of all that they charged me tax when I got a Diet Coke at the Aft Pool Bar before leaving Miami.

This was new to me as I had cruised quite a few times on Carnival, with the most recent previous to that being in May and this was the first time it was this way.

I still hate it.

I went back through my records and it was just the gratuity that was added at the time of purchase. I wasn't double taxed. But, yes, I did start a thread when I first boarded back in October because I was shocked that they 1st of all made me sign a receipt, and 2nd of all that they charged me tax when I got a Diet Coke at the Aft Pool Bar before leaving Miami.

This was new to me as I had cruised quite a few times on Carnival, with the most recent previous to that being in May and this was the first time it was this way.

I still hate it.

Truthfully, that would drive me crazy as well. I'm glad Princess hasn't adopted this annoyance yet.

Edited by Disconnections

When I was on board the Liberty I was charged taxes while in the US home port before we left.

I also hate the signing of the sale slip. I feel so uncomfortable writing a zero in on the tip line so I usually end up tipping a dollar on each soda I get on the card, on top of the price I paid for the card. I think my last cruise was the last time I will buy a soda card until they get the freestyle machines like RCI has. Adding a tip on top of paying over 40 dollars for soda for a week just wasn't worth it. I'll lug my own 12 pack on board.

When I was on board the Liberty I was charged taxes while in the US home port before we left.

I also hate the signing of the sale slip. I feel so uncomfortable writing a zero in on the tip line so I usually end up tipping a dollar on each soda I get on the card, on top of the price I paid for the card. I think my last cruise was the last time I will buy a soda card until they get the freestyle machines like RCI has. Adding a tip on top of paying over 40 dollars for soda for a week just wasn't worth it. I'll lug my own 12 pack on board.

I totally agree with you and the signing the sales slip. I just signed the slips and put an "X" on the tip line and they never said anything to me about a tip. Carnival treats the sodas like gold by not ever giving you a full can and they even made me sign twice for 2 drinks while sitting at the red frog drinking a soda. I just don't get it.

We leave for 12 days in Feb on the Freedom and am considering a soda card for the time aboard especially since we get 6 sea days.

Can I get 12 pack at every port?

Howard