OMG I Just Upgraded to Ocean View

newlife_2010

My original room was interior upper and lower 1a on the rivera on the Paradise January 10th sailing. I got the call this morning to upgrade. For $40 (solo) i am now on the empress deck with a ocean view and i can convert to a king bed. Not to me mention the bar is literally across the hall from my room lol. I have read reviews about the noise level but i dont plan on sleeping anyway lol. What a great Christmas present.

Edit: I have been 'upsold'

Edited by newlife_2010

My original room was interior upper and lower 1a on the rivera on the Paradise January 10th sailing. I got the call this morning to upgrade. For $40 (solo) i am now on the empress deck with a ocean view and i can convert to a king bed. Not to me mention the bar is literally across the hall from my room lol. I have read reviews about the noise level but i dont plan on sleeping anyway lol. What a great Christmas present.

Actually you were upsold since you paid for it. Enjoy your cruise

There are no bars on the Empress deck on the Paradise.

Enjoy your Oceanview!! $40 extra is not bad at all for a Solo traveler. Some of my most memorable trips were done as a solo cruiser. I met so many nice people, and just had a fantastic time. Do what you want, when you want. :D

I definitely will enjoy the view from the room. It will be nice to actually have sunlight. I have only stayed on the rivera deck my past 2 cruises which were also both solo. I have met some of the nicest people on carnival. It's nice to join the crowd when i choose but then retreat to myself as well.

Sounds wonderful! We just had E64 on the Imagination and while we did hear noise from the atrium/bar area, it wasn't enough to affect our sleep or anything. Terrific to be in such a central location... enjoy!

Sounds wonderful! We just had E64 on the Imagination and while we did hear noise from the atrium/bar area, it wasn't enough to affect our sleep or anything. Terrific to be in such a central location... enjoy!

I am only a few doors down - E76. I am so excited. It looks like an amazing location to have. I am really looking forward to the ocean view.

Edit: I have been 'upsold'

Congratulations!!! Hope you enjoy your new cabin and cruise.

Newlife, Congrats on your upgrade and your terrific attitude!! It's ironic how some people try to pick apart & over analyze every word, and end up being incorrect themselves!! You seem to be an optimistic person who sees the positive side of things which is refreshing!

And from my experience, I loved having a room on Empress near the Atrium and being centrally located. And sailing solo was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. I am sure you will enjoy yourself to the fullest!

Happy Travels!

Helen

Nice to hear someone so excited. Upgraded, upsold doesn't make a bit of difference because you are happy. Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. What difference does it make. Geesh! Congrats OP. Empress deck oceanviews are my favorite on fantasy class ships.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Newlife, Congrats on your upgrade and your terrific attitude!! It's ironic how some people try to pick apart & over analyze every word, and end up being incorrect themselves!! You seem to be an optimistic person who sees the positive side of things which is refreshing!

And from my experience, I loved having a room on Empress near the Atrium and being centrally located. And sailing solo was a wonderful experience that I will never forget. I am sure you will enjoy yourself to the fullest!

Happy Travels!

Helen

I wish there was a like button, thank you Helen and other posters :) i was a little taken back by some of the initial comments but I am beyond and excited about my new room. I have only been on the rivera desk in 1a rooms on previous cruises so this is a major upgrade for me. It will be nice to be in the action. Thank you for the beautiful comments.