booking hotel with rccl

venicia

I've been reading these posts almost daily and I have not seen this question before. Have any cruisers from the Quantum had their hotel booked by RCCL?

We are flying up on April 3 and booked through RCCL the Hilton Newark, Penn Station. This will include a transfer to the ship on the 5th. If we have to travel to the ship, we usually do a hotel the day before through RCCL and it has always been wonderful.

We were wondering how the check in at the ship is handled since this is to be a new conception of check in.

thanks for any information!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a happy Holiday!

JB

What are you paying for all this?

Post back and I will suggest alternatives. Newark is not a vacation destination. The rate at this hotel is $139 plus tax for your dates.

Cape Liberty is very much a DIY port unlike Florida.

We are flying up ahead of time to go to the 911 Memorial & Museum on Saturday. We are also meeting family that live in the area.

Rate was wonderful, $140. +change that included taxes and the transfer from hotel to pier

Can't help with the checkin until I sail in Jan. I've been reading posts and the experiences are not consistent - either feast or famine. I am taking the train down the previous day, staying overnight in Newark, and taking public transit to the port. I'm hoping to arrive early, I'm planning on waiting to board, I'm going to carry on luggage, and most important of all I'm bringing my patience.

We are flying up ahead of time to go to the 911 Memorial & Museum on Saturday. We are also meeting family that live in the area.

Rate was wonderful, $140. +change that included taxes and the transfer from hotel to pier

Is your RCL rate per room or per person? We thought their rates reasonable until we saw they are per person. By the way, the hotel is fine. We are staying there pre-cruise and have stayed there before

Really good point. $140 per night per person is NOT a good deal. You can book this hotel for $139 plus tax prepaid or $159 plus tax cancellable. Cab to the port is $50-60 and shared shuttle back to the airport is $16/pp.

At $140/pp you will pay $560. If you book yourself cancellable you will pay $360 plus about $90 for transportation. If you book non cancellable you will pay $320 plus $90 for transportation.

If you book yourself, you can spend some of your savings (about $25) to take a cab directly from the terminal to the hotel and skip humping your luggage through the terminal to the Airtrain and through the P4 Station to wait for the hotel shuttle.

Edited by 138east

after more thought about this, we are now leaning toward Hyatt Regency Jersey City, the price is not more than what we are paying for Hilton and for $67.00 we have a limo pick us up at the baggage terminal.

not positive about this yet, but for the price it seems better..

now we just need to figure out how much to get to the pier.

thanks for all the advice provided!