Dmwnc 1959

riclop

Dave you stayed in room C 406 on your Royal cruise can you tell me if the empty space by your room was a stewards closet or similar or just an empty space. Thanks Dave and happy holidays!!! If anyone knows please answer, Thanks.

Edited by riclop

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure what it was, but I never, ever heard noise from there. The head of the bed is on the bow-end of that room (placing it adjacent to that 'white space'), the bathroom and closet on the aft end. I'm a light sleeper - use music and white noise to help me sleep - and during my two weeks aboard Royal Princess was never awakened by any sounds coming from that area. This is my 'go to' room anytime I consider booking an inside sideways cabin on this class of ship, and wouldn't hesitate booking this room again.

Here's a picture of the passenger corridor just outside of C406:

Port side hall looking forward

11561833284_3be062eff5_c.jpg

C406

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

11210018684_49718c409d_c.jpg

11210020404_70a9c684a7_c.jpg

11210019654_7583014704_c.jpg

Dave,

It better be that is what we paid for. Thanks

Cindy

The pictures I posted of C406 are of an Inside Stateroom, one of the 'sideways' cabins that run parallel to the hallway. Your minisuite will be bigger, and quite a bit nicer, but of similar decor. Maybe that's what you meant when you said 'now we know what our cabin looks like'.

:D

Hi, Dave,

Just dropping in to say hello. Our cabin on the Regal is an IF-inside forward, guaranteed. It will be interesting to see where we land, as the cruise isn't until Jan. 2016. There is no designated deck listed, so, since it's a specific type cruise for us (special booking) I wonder it there would be an upgrade opportunity. It doesn't really matter but it's going through a TA, this time. Trevor and I are always happy just to get on the ship. :)

Take care. I hope you had a great Christmas. It's warm down here; I hope the weather isn't too bad in your neighborhood.

Lynne

Lynne - In all my years of cruising I have never taken a 'guarantee'. I am very particular about where I want my cabin to be, and don't like the idea that I could end up well forward at the bow (I'd get sick), over a theater or nightclub (I'm usually in bed by 11pm), or a cabin with an adjoining door (not sure why but that freaks me out). ;)

Claire - I've had all manner of inside cabins (even ones with bunk beds), ocean view staterooms (obstructed and non-obstructed), and suites with patio-sized balconies (largest ever was 13' x 13'). Now I'm pretty happy with an amid ship inside cabin. C406 was good for me - I enjoyed its layout and size - so the next time I'm on Princess Cruises I'll book that same location.

:D

Dave-we were in E 114 one time, right at the top of the stairs, where the promenade deck continued around. It was billed as an "obstructed" view-but we could see right over the railing so it was "unobstructed" to us! And, we didn't hear any noise from the theater or anywhere-I think we actually chose this cabin because there weren't too many choices left. The most noise came from late-nighters returning to their cabins. It worked out OK for us.

I don't know why we have chosen guaranteed on some cruises-maybe it's the price. However, we're learning that it's better to choose our own cabin. In this case, the TA guaranteed the cabin because of the price and then told us. It was after that when we made the deposit for the cruise because the package was one we could accept (afford).She wanted to make sure we had a spot.

We were on a cruise once where we opened the shutters of an obstructed view-and sure enough, there was a lifeboat right in front of our window! We could see around it and below it but not through it. LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure that we all have some great cruising stories. Outside of our wonderful A303 cabin back in 2001, we have been the happiest on the Plaza Deck over behind the art gallery, on the older ships. We've had ocean views both times. The water came up just about to the window! That being said, we had a nice balcony on the Royal Princess last year. A606, or close to it. I think you sent me a picture of it with an arrow pointing to it, Dave. :)

Bye for now. Happy Cruising or thinking about cruising!

Lynne