Please explain beaches here....

Familycruisers20

I will be coming by cruise in June, with several adults, 5 teens and 3 tweens. Can someone fill me in on better beaches to go too? Meaning NONnudity beaches? (I am sure the teen boys/dads would enjoy that, but moms will not!)

I am confused by all of the beaches and not sure which ones we should stay away and what would be good options for us on this trip.

Thanks!

You don't want to go to Orient Beach if you want to avoid the nudity. The clothing optional is at the far right end but the nudist walk up and down the entire beach - mainly topless walking around.

Maho Beach where the airplanes fly directly over the beach is an awesome experience - I can't comment on the swimming at Maho since we simply enjoyed watching the planes land.

Edited by hjrell

Le Gallion and Mullet are the two beaches that the islanders consider the best family beaches. They often have family gatherings at these two beaches.

Great Bay beach is a tourist beach. It's lined with beach bars and cheap drinks. It also has documented pollution concerns.

Edited by Karysa

Is it near the Port? How do you get there?

Le Galion is about a 20 min. ride from the pier. You can grab a Taxi (minivans) at the pier. Taxi cost for 2 people to the beach is $20. Hardly any taxis at the beach so I would arrange a return pick up from the taxi driver. The water there is super calm, it reminded me of a pool. You can walk quite a ways out and it is only waist deep.