Cruise ship worker attacks passenger

Texoma

Edited from the Sun Sentimental 12/27/2015.....

A cruise ship worker sexually assaulted and tried to kill a sleeping passenger after hiding in her stateroom. An Indonesian citizen, a room service attendant for Holland America Lines, told FBI agents he tried to kill a 31-year-old woman. He said he tried to snap her neck. He also choked her until she passed out and tried to rape her anally.

He said he was trying to exact revenge because he believed the woman had insulted his parents on the morning of Feb. 13 when he went to deliver her breakfast.

He used his master key to let himself into the woman’s stateroom, hid on her balcony and fell asleep waiting for her. The woman returned around midnight, put on pajamas, lay down and fell asleep. She awoke when the room service attendant started choking her in the dark room. She was extremely lucky to survive his repeated attempts to kill her and, when that failed, throw her overboard from the balcony of the moving ship in the hope she would drown and her body would never be found, investigators said.

A cruise ship worker sexually assaulted and tried to kill a sleeping passenger after hiding in her stateroom. An Indonesian citizen, a room service attendant for Holland America Lines, told FBI agents he tried to kill a 31-year-old woman. He said he tried to snap her neck. He also choked her until she passed out and tried to rape her anally.

He said he was trying to exact revenge because he believed the woman had insulted his parents on the morning of Feb. 13 when he went to deliver her breakfast.

He used his master key to let himself into the woman’s stateroom, hid on her balcony and fell asleep waiting for her. The woman returned around midnight, put on pajamas, lay down and fell asleep. She awoke when the room service attendant started choking her in the dark room. She was extremely lucky to survive his repeated attempts to kill her and, when that failed, throw her overboard from the balcony of the moving ship in the hope she would drown and her body would never be found, investigators said.

This happened on Valentine's Day and has been thoroughly discussed on another thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990136

Edited by sapper1

This is old news despite you using the date December 27, 2015????

The Sun-Sentinel had an article on this yesterday because the former crew member is to be sentenced Jan. 7.

So the story is an update and includes new information.

Unfortunately the OP edited out the new info and the title of the thread makes it sound like a new story.

Here is the complete story, if anyone is interested in the new info on the incident.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cruise-ship-workers-attack-left-passenger-with-devastating-injuries/ar-BBhfoBT

When I look at the article, the photo accompanying it is a rendering of ms Koningsdam.

Edited by Oceanwench

The Sun-Sentinel had an article on this yesterday because the former crew member is to be sentenced Jan. 7.

So the story is an update and includes new information.

Unfortunately the OP edited out the new info and the title of the thread makes it sound like a new story.

Here is the complete story, if anyone is interested in the new info on the incident.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/cruise-ship-workers-attack-left-passenger-with-devastating-injuries/ar-BBhfoBT

When I look at the article, the photo accompanying it is a rendering of ms Koningsdam.

Thanks for your added comments concerning my edited synopsis of the article in the Sun-Sentinel.

I appreciate your link to the article for the full story which I should have included.

Hope I have not opened an old wound.

Fyi

Crew member ketut pujayasa on Hal's nieuw amsterdam who attacked

A sleeping guest in her cabin on Valentine's day is to know his fate on jan 6th.

Article was in the sun sentinel on Sunday dec. 28, 2014

The attack left her so psychologically traumatized & severely injured that federal prosecutors say he deserves a longer prison term than the sentencing guidelines

I wish they could throw away the key!!

Remember he even tried to throw her overboard? Omg

Prayers are still with this young lady. I sailed the na right after this.

Cinnamon123