Spa Cost Gem 1/2/2015

johnsak123

Spa for us is worth every $$. We don't sit at the pool and the spa is a great place to relax, enjoy the heated tile lounges and soak in the hot tubs. We enjoy being in the spa during sail away from the ports also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually enjoy the spa as well but the last time i sailed and joined the spa it was extremely noisy as a result of a group of europeans who did not understand that the spa is a quiet zone

Unfortunately no matter what time I went to the spa they were there

I didnt let them ruin my spa experience but it did put a damper on it

I will have to see if I am joining the spa this time

I will be in the haven and they have a hot tub so not sure it is cost effective for me

Cheers to all

JS

I was on a 12 nighter on the Gem and paid around $200. for the spa. I LOVED IT. It's true, at times there were people talking (rude Americans as well as Russians) and sadly the staff did not intervene, even after I asked them to. In spite of that, being in the spa waters was my favorite time on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At about $20 per day, I guess I will do it again next time I sail; I don't remember what I paid last winter, but $20 per is about my threshold. Yes there were some people who did not grasp the quiet relaxation concept, but equally annoying were the people who "hogged" a seat. I don't mind if someone is using a seat for a long period of time, but you can't come in and try to hold or reserve a prime spot with your belongings while you then go to the gym!

Did a B2B on the Gem in November. The first week was a 7 day cruise the second a 9 day (Thanksgiving). Each cruise the spa pass cost $158. I attended the spa raffle (first night - 5 pm). On the first week at the raffle they offered a special for $139 which had to be booked and paid for that night and could not be cancelled, but could be scheduled any time during the cruise. This included a hot stone massage, mini facial, head/scalp massage and a foot massage. It was worth every penny! Went back the first night second cruise and the special was offered again but only available the first night or next day.

On previous NCL cruises I have found more spa specials. Perhaps these cruises the spa was heavily booked so there were less special offers. Well worth to go early on in the cruise to see what might be on offer.

Rochelle

We had the spa passes on the Star and we had a similar instance with a European gentleman. We spoke to the Spa manager about it and she was amazing. Quickly and efficiently took care of it by speaking directly to the guest. We were so appreciative and incredibly impressed by her customer service and concern for out enjoyment.