Seattle docking and airport departure question

Dizzneefan

On our two Carnival Alaska cruises we were docked by 7ish and disembarkation started not long after. There are Taxis available and the line gets long but moves quickly. There are also transportation company and carnival busses waiting. The trip is about an hour to the airport. So if you are first off the ship and have no traffic you will be at SeaTac by 9:30 at the latest. That is where your problems will occur. The security lines are crazy long and very slow. Last trip I was TAS prechecked and still stood in line over an hour. Trip before with the family, we flew the day after the cruise and the line was still crazy long .

Per Carnival FAQ, their suggestion if 11:45 so you should be good. I always suggest people check Carnivals suggestion because insurance companies use those time referenced as an excuse not to pay.

We flew out of SEATEC last June. Was platinum and was off the ship by 7:30. got the first cab and was at the airport by 8:30. Was sitting at the gate by 9:15. Lines for security was not that long for a Tuesday Morning.

You should be fine for a Wednesday for traffic and security. Just get off the ship as early as you can.

I live just north of Seattle and fly out of Sea-Tac Airport all the time, and I agree with the people who warned you about long check-in and security lines. But if you get off the ship as early as possible and do self-debarkation, you should be fine. Get a taxi and head to the airport ASAP. And I would use a taxi. Although the taxi lines do get long, if you're off the ship early you should be fine.

We sailed this past June and used the Luggage Express Option. Put your luggage outside the door the last night of cruise and you don't see it again until your destination airport. We were off the ship and on the Carnival bus within 45 minutes of docking and was sitting at the airport at 09:30 for our scheduled 12;30 flight. The day we flew there was no issue with long lines at security , but looks like that might have been the exception and not the norm.

The taxis have a flat rate of $40 between downtown Seattle and the airport. The cruise terminal is a little farther away so around $50 would be an estimate.

Right on. Taxi from Cruise port to SEATEC ran us $51 last June.

thanks! was that per cab?