Galley Tours

Riba

I've been on a number of Galley tours on a couple of Lines, but they have always only been offered to me through the repeat customer club (ie: Crown & Anchor, Lattitudes, etc.). I don't know if they are offered to the general public. If you do have the opportunity, you should go, it was very interesting!

On the ships that I have sailed (Princess) sometimes there is a notice in the "daily" that you get under your cabin door that tells you that one is available. I have never made reservations, just went when it was available.

Marilyn

When we were on the Caribbean Princess -western route this month, the galley tour was on Friday morning after a cooking demo by the head chef. The cooking demo began at 10:00 am with the galley tour immediiately after. It was very interesting if you've never had one before. Had fun at the cooking demo also.

You don't sign up for them, you just show up for the cooking demo. Day and time listed in the patters. Likely to be on the last sea day.

26_8_1.gif Having become 'friendly' with the Executive Chef on a recent cruise, he gave us a private tour of the galley. It was incredible - at 5.0pm there was little activity - and their two washing-up machines were capable of handling something like 5,000 dishes per hour (or was it 10,000?). It is an incredible feat of organisation. Often go to the Bridge - engine room - never!!! Was offered visit to engine control centre, but wanted to see the turbines, so I refused!!

Archived