Weather in NO in February

ktpc2005

We were there in mid January a couple of years ago on a "business trip" (I was attending a convention and was able to take my wife) and it was extremely cold (temperatures in the high twenties in the late evening early morning with a lot of wind). We live in Florida and were not really used to this type of weather (although previously we had lived in Missouri so we did have heavy coats and gloves that we brought with us). I would guess in Mid February you are looking at lows in the 30-40 and highs in the 60-70. We have been to NO a number of times previously in other times of year (summer and fall) and it usually is hot and humid so the cooler weather will make sightseeing easier.

Have a geat next cruise.

Yep, Jan. and Feb. are usually cooler than December! But then again, you never really know about the weather. I'd suggest you bring a heavy jacket. And WW is correct - it's much nicer walking around in cooler weather than hot down here. I mean, it's really HOT...and the humidity will kill ya! Best advice - Check our weather before you leave home!:)

I have lived in New Orleans my whole life and in Feb I have worn shorts & T-shirts and heavy coats. The old saying goes "if you don't like the weather in New Orleans wait 5 minutes." I have sent my child to school wearing Polo shirt and shorts and by they time I picked him up the temps dropped 25 degrees.

We were on the Norwegian Dream out of NOLA 02/22/04

It was a little cool when we left port, but by next morning

the weather was wonderful. In fact rather hot.

When we got back it was very comfortable.

Stayed a few extra days. Short sleeved in day time

Light jacket at night.

Archived