Celebrity solstice - Blogs?

Gilby1989

Hi everyone! Has anyone wrote a blog based upon there time on the Celebrity Solstice? I'm onboard in less than two months want some things to read to get me excited. Many thanks. kyle

Hi, Kyle! As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February. Check out the postings below on two different live/blogs that I have done for more info/background and pictures on this classy and fun ship, etc.! Happy to answer any questions. Just go either of the live/blog, post there and I will be happy to respond and share more.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 190,938 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 89,913 views for this posting.

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these recent updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 27,209 views for this posting.

Hi, again, Kyle!! Below are just five of my visual samples from on the Solstice to help build your "excitement". Many, many more pictures are on the full blogs, plus many food samples/details, entertainment examples, etc. What are your sailing details, key ports, etc.? Keep up the good research and planning!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

For dining in Tuscan Grille on the Solstice in January while sailing from Australia to New Zealand, we started with a nice glass of sparkling Italian wine (Prosecco Spumanti). The best is always saved for last . . . a nicely designed and super tasting of this Italian favorite, Tiramisu.:

TuscanampBridge1_zps179efed3.jpg

TuscanampBridge14_zps6b5518d2.jpg

Here is a photo highlight from our ship's production show called "Ghostlight--The Spirit of Broadway". Lots of great tunes, including many from the Four Seasons as done on Broadway with Jersey Boys. Nice lighting, staging, sets, etc.

SolsticeShows17_zps45d5d28d.jpg

Hi everyone!

Has anyone wrote a blog based upon there time on the Celebrity Solstice? I'm onboard in less than two months want some things to read to get me excited :)

Many thanks

kyle

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Kyle,

My advice is to check out the Member Review section, here on Cruise Critic. Here's a direct link to Celebrity Solstice reviews : http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=381

Hope this helps, and Happy New Year !

Solstice was the first Celebrity cruise ship we sailed on, and is featured in my blog, along with many photos and videos of the Solstice class ships in general. (There is a link to my blog below in my signature)

Have a wonderful cruise - these ships are beautiful! So much to be excited for...