St. Thomas & St. Maarten

voyagerusa

Have to agree that Secret Harbor is a better choice whilst in St Thomas. While Megan's Bay is much more beautiful when looking down at it from the top of the mountain, I think the beach at Secret Harbor is nicer. Some of the open air "dollar ride" jitneys go there, too. It's not a dollar, but it better then a cab to Megan's Bay. Check out the "Secret Harbor" web site on line for LOTS of detailed information.

Sapphire beach in St Thomas was one of the nicest days at any beach that I ever ever had.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Sapphire beach--we have lucked out each time we go & it is not busy at all, but GORGEOUS.

The only negative is the 30 min. cab drive there; always a bit nerve racking to be sure we call for a cab with plenty of time to get back to the ship. But truly it has never been a problem.

I am a single mother and have been cruising with my kids since they are 9 months old. I always looked for beaches with some facilities, easy to get to, appealing for me, and safe for them.

In St Thomas, our favorite beach is Coki beach. We were there last week!

The beach right off the ship in St Maarten is fine.

In Tortola, have always gone to Virgin Gorda by water taxi, as the Bath are an amazing place.

Happy cruising!!!