Carnival PVP question

lukesmom1019

Well, actually I am. I am wanting to "upgrade" my room by paying them more money. [emoji4]. And I do look to cruise more in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just call Carnival and tell them you would like to have a new PVP assigned to you. Alternatively, you can also ask suggestions for PVPs on your upcoming cruise or even on social media. Unfortunately, recommending a PVP is against the Community Guidelines here.

What exactly does a PVP help you do? I found the cruise I want, I know what the price is supposed to be.. Do they give you secret deals if you haggle with them? I called Carnival, spoke to a lady to book my cruise, booked. What else can I use her for?

Unless you have questions or need help, I see no value in using a PVP. I used one once and after I booked could not get in touch with him to ask a question. I used the 800 number and got the answer I needed. So I book my own cruises and on the rare occasion I have a question, I just use the 800 number.

And they don't have access to any special rates nor can they cut you a deal. Trying to haggle is a waste of time for both you and them.

Edited by SATXLady

Unless you have questions or need help, I see no value in using a PVP. I used one once and after I booked could not get in touch with him to ask a question. I used the 800 number and got the answer I needed. So I book my own cruises and on the rare occasion I have a question, I just use the 800 number.

And they don't have access to any special rates nor can they cut you a deal. Trying to haggle is a waste of time for both you and them.

I've never used a PVP with Carnival. On Princess, one tried contacting me before I booked my first cruise with them but wasn't available when I was ready to book. I don't like working around someone else's schedule and most of my Carnival bookings were completed after "normal" business hours. My PVP over at Princess keeps sending me emails and calls to ask why I won't book with her but doesn't seem to get the message to stop calling.

What exactly does a PVP help you do? I found the cruise I want, I know what the price is supposed to be.. Do they give you secret deals if you haggle with them? I called Carnival, spoke to a lady to book my cruise, booked. What else can I use her for?

The only reason I used one to book is because I thought maybe I could get a better deal with them, but I was wrong. Also, the only reason I needed to deal with him again was because I initially booked an oceanview room but changed my mind and wanted to do a balcony. So, I had to call him and have him do it to keep my payments I had already made and excursions I had already booked all straight. It was a total pain in the butt too. I had much rather do something all myself online than have to talk to someone. Most of the time they talk down to you and tell you what you want instead of listening. That may be okay for some but I do my homework and know what I am talking about so I don't really enjoy someone trying to "sell" me on something when I already know what I want.

The only reason I used one to book is because I thought maybe I could get a better deal with them, but I was wrong. Also, the only reason I needed to deal with him again was because I initially booked an oceanview room but changed my mind and wanted to do a balcony. So, I had to call him and have him do it to keep my payments I had already made and excursions I had already booked all straight. It was a total pain in the butt too. I had much rather do something all myself online than have to talk to someone. Most of the time they talk down to you and tell you what you want instead of listening. That may be okay for some but I do my homework and know what I am talking about so I don't really enjoy someone trying to "sell" me on something when I already know what I want.

You will still need to call someone to change rooms. You cannot do it yourself online even of you book online. So why not have someone that you already know and already knows you to take care of it?

I dread calling the 800 number because I never know if I'm going to get one that knows what the heck they're doing. I have had some real doozies. So much so that I got frustrated and hung up and called back until I got someone with half a brain.

At least my PVP can get things done the right way and quickly. But like anything else, some are better than others. I am fortunate to have one that has been there a very long time.

I use a PVP. I love that I can call him and just tell him who of our immediate family is going on a cruise. We usually book 3 cabins and he knows who are cabin mates. Never had a problem with cabins or dining. Before we had him we had issues with 3 of us being issued a different number and it was a pain to fix that. He makes it easier

How is a PVP different from the person you get at the 800 number? We have always used a travel agent until last cruise...when we booked on a whim on Mother's Day. We called the 800 and spoke to the person that answered.

We always know what we want but we also book multiple cabins and need our reservations linked. We also want rooms together and they can see things I can't on line.

I have had a PVP call me several times lately.....and no I don't log in when I look...but how do they know I am looking? Just wondering if I should call him when we do decide to book

I think everyone needs to figure out what works best for them. These boards are a good place to get a "feel" for what we like and don't like about the different ways to book.

My personal preference is to book with a PVP. I like having someone to go to if I have a problems with my booking.

She is able to see staterooms that are not shown on the website. This is especially helpful when I book the family cruises. I need several together and like being able to open the balcony dividers. I just drop her an email when I am ready with the basics and she take care of things from there.

Yes most of the booking I could do myself but it is nice to build a working relationship with someone and have that confidence in them when you need it.

I really recommend that first time cruisers have assistance with their booking. Having , someone, be it PVP or TA to explain the different booking categories is nice. As someone else posted I don't know that I always trust the customer service reps that answer the 1-800 #

The one time I used a PVP I never called the 800 number. He gave me his direct number at work and his private cellphone number. He was most helpful in locating cabins that were not listed on the website. For instance, once you pick a cabin type and deck, the website lists them from front to back but only the first 10 or so that are available. If you want to see cabins in midship that are just in front of the aft cabins, the website will only show them if all the other cabins more forward of them are filled. Although some say the PVP can't do anything for price, my PVP was able to upgrade my cabin to a higher category for the same price (even though the website showed a higher price). And then I bothered him a few times to change the location of the cabin for no charge. Answered his cellphone everytime. Then he called a week before the cruise to ask if I needed anything further. And he called a week after to ask if I had any problems on the cruise that required attention (which I did need a charge removed from the S&S account that onboard customer service still had not fixed)...and then threw in a little sales pitch for another cruise.

I'd say if your PVP doesn't give you that kind of service, find one that does. They are out there. Even so, I still prefer to use a travel agent.

PVPs can't really give you a discount, but they do know a lot abou tthe different rates and can find you cheaper rates than you thouht to find yourself (i.e. military, residency rates, past guest, etc.) They will also know many of the ins-and-outs of rules, which you may not know yourself. For example, I just told my PVP the people who were going from my extended family and what room types we wanted. She went through and did the optimal booking by pairing past guests with first timers to make sure everyone got the past guest rate, and putting everyone on my reservation (I got a Grand Suite) so that everyone got VIP check-in/boarding. These are all things I could have done myself, but not everyone will know off the bat what will get them the best rates.

The biggest advantage as I see it is having someone I can email. I can just email changes to my PVP on my own schedule and she'll make changes to my reservation, all without picking up the phone. That alone makes it worth it to me.

To the OP's question though, if your PVP isn't meeting your needs by all means ask for a new one. There are too many good ones to waste your time with one who isn't getting the job done.