Transportation from East Bay to Cruise Pier in San Francisco

Giovanina

I may be sailing with Princess again on 1/28/15. I will be traveling alone (I've recently become a widow) and need to find a hopefully inexpensive option to get from home to the ship. The only time I have used a taxi it was over $100. BART may be an option, but rather difficult with luggage (I usually take more on a cruise than when flying). Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Super shuttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually - I may have spoken too soon. Don't know if they'll go to cruise terminal from east bay home (probably will from SFO). So you could inquire about home to SFO to cruise terminal. But, that would add cost.

Call the Port of SF and/or go to their website to see what they recommend. They've got to get the same call all the time.

There's also "uber" type car services, though I'm not a big fan given all their issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sometimes go out of SF, from San Mateo. We always take a taxi. We simply budget for it, the door to door service makes it worth it with luggage.

If that is not possible, then I would check out super shuttle/shared rides.

I would not try BART and a taxi, or the ferry and a taxi either... it would be hard to get a SF taxi to go such a short distance. Walking from BART or the ferry terminal is a bit far for an older person with luggage.

I worked near the Tansamerica Bldg in SF for 30 years, so know the area well.

I would recommend the private car service, or a taxi. I realize the cost of both/either, but I think this would be better for the (probably) older woman and her luggage. I've done the car service in FLL between the airport and hotel, and as a senior I really liked the service and attention.

I agree, I would not take BART, as they really aren't compatible with luggage, especially for someone alone.

Edited by Treven

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Thank you all for your suggestions. I found a transport service with very good reviews on Yelp. Made round-trip reservations. So I'm all set now. Gio

Hi there! I know this is an older post but wondered if you remember which transportation service you used (and if you would recommend them)? I’m trying to get my family from Brentwood to Pier 27 this June. Thanks so much! :)