Buying soda in cans on NCL Jade

taykee

I will be travelling on the Jade in march, I would like to know if I want to purchase a soda drink from the bar can I get a can or is it just by the glass. I know this may seem a strange question. It's just that I prefer the drink out of a can or bottle not the bar dispensers. Also if I wish to take the drink back to my cabin to sit on my balcony I would prefer a can as easier to walk with.

I will be travelling on the Jade in march, I would like to know if I want to purchase a soda drink from the bar can I get a can or is it just by the glass. I know this may seem a strange question. It's just that I prefer the drink out of a can or bottle not the bar dispensers. Also if I wish to take the drink back to my cabin to sit on my balcony I would prefer a can as easier to walk with.

You can go to any bar and just ask them for a can. They'll usually offer you a glass with ice to go with it, but you can just ask for a can. Or you can ask your room steward to put a few in your fridge for you.

Are there any limits to the size and amount of

soda you bring? Also will NOLA let you check it in SO you don't have to carry it?

Thanks

NOLA is one of the three NCL ports that don't allow you to check soda or water. It is an issue with the longshoreman, not NCL. You can carry as much as you like with your carry on.

Not all bars or bartenders will give you a can of soda. At some/most bars it is fountain only. Some drinks, ginger ale for one, sometimes only come in two litre bottles. Find a bar that has cans and will give them to you and then frequent that bar.

I would either just bring the soda on with you (less expensive) or ask your steward to stock your fridge with the soda of your choice. I was surprised to find Pepsi in my fridge the last couple of days (I didn't know that NCL had Pepsi products) and asked my steward for more Pepsi and no gratuities. :D

I would either just bring the soda on with you (less expensive) or ask your steward to stock your fridge with the soda of your choice. I was surprised to find Pepsi in my fridge the last couple of days (I didn't know that NCL had Pepsi products) and asked my steward for more Pepsi and no gratuities. :D

The same 15% is added on mini bar purchases as "restocking fee" as is charged in bars as "auto-gratuity".

NOLA is one of the three NCL ports that don't allow you to check soda or water. It is an issue with the longshoreman, not NCL. You can carry as much as you like with your carry on.

Not all bars or bartenders will give you a can of soda. At some/most bars it is fountain only. Some drinks, ginger ale for one, sometimes only come in two litre bottles. Find a bar that has cans and will give them to you and then frequent that bar.

I've read that in NOLA there is a place where you can store your soda after you board the ship and until your room is ready. Hope this helps! As far as I know there is no limit, and you can definitely restock when you port as well.

I've read that in NOLA there is a place where you can store your soda after you board the ship and until your room is ready. Hope this helps! As far as I know there is no limit, and you can definitely restock when you port as well.

Not in NOLA, on the ship - this applies to all other ports too (may vary depending on the ship, luggage check on embarkation day has been available at least on all Jewel class ships we've sailed on).

Also no limit on water/sodas brought onboard.

Edited by Demonyte

This kind of applies and kind of doesn't...

We had the soda package and couldn't ever get cans, and actually found the mix of the Pepsi from the fountain to always be a bit, well, crap. I asked for a can at the bar in the atrium and they said they didn't have them (they did give me a can of orange. Also the root beer, and the 7Up was in cans though).

The bar area in the buffet only has cans though, even for Pepsi. :)