Room categories question

Bilu444

I am looking to book shortly on Gem and have a question about the cabins. I am looking at the obstructed oceanviews. There are 2 different codes and prices. OX is $629 pp and OK is $729. Both say they are midship deck 8. So what's the difference? I emailed the lady from NCL that has been emailing me and she wont give me any info unless I call her, even gave me her personal number. I like to do alot of research before getting on the phone and the hard sell.

I have very little experience with this but was dealing with this question yesterday with my TA. She told me the OX is just a guarantee. Meaning they can put you anywhere in the ship with at least an obstructed oceanview category. The OK and other categories you are specifically getting your room, she had 2 room options for me that I could pick from. Picking cost more I guess?

I have very little experience with this but was dealing with this question yesterday with my TA. She told me the OX is just a guarantee. Meaning they can put you anywhere in the ship with at least an obstructed oceanview category. The OK and other categories you are specifically getting your room, she had 2 room options for me that I could pick from. Picking cost more I guess?

I was going to guess that also, X category usually indicating guarantee category. However, looking at the Gem deck plans, deck 8 actually shows two rooms only that are color coded as OX category rooms. So, now not sure.

I was going to guess that also, X category usually indicating guarantee category. However, looking at the Gem deck plans, deck 8 actually shows two rooms only that are color coded as OX category rooms. So, now not sure.

The "x" normally means you don't choose the room. there is also a chance you can get upgraded if they sell all the 'ok' rooms

No, X categories are not guarantee categories, they are just lowest categories in each class so that is the cheapest possible choice there.

There are X category cabins in each class where they are used on each ship but since the cabins are very limited in numbers, those cabins sell out quickly (people like to get cheapest price but still be able to choose their cabin) and therefore those categories are later usually used as guarantee categories when actual cabins in that category are already sold. Reason for this is that when they sell guarantees to X category, any other category in the same or higher class will be an upgrade.

But as said, to say that X means that you can't pick your cabin is not true.