Gym on Cloud?

sailorgirl

I second that request. Specifically do they have stationary bikes and how many. RSSC Voyager only had two bikes and on two cruises one was always broken.

TIA

We have sailed the Wind and Shadow and both had plenty of workout equipment in the gym, and everything seemed to work well!

• 2 weeks later...

just came back from a day visit to the Cloud today and they have around 8 machines in the gym. no rowing machine, and can't remember how many bikes, probably 2, 2 treadmills, 2 steppers/arm machines and a couple of others. the location is nice, right at the front of the ship looking out to sea. all the usual weights too.

hope this helps,

Roz

Although their web site specifies aerobics and Mandarin Spa, nothing is mentioned about a gym with equipment. This is important to my husband in considering a ship. What work out equipment, if any, is there? Thanks.

We just got off the Cloud and the gym while nicely located is useless, unless you're willing to work out at 0600. We'd walk the "track" around the deck and the gym was almost or completely full every day before breakfast. We heard from people we met that it was busy even during the shore excursions. And that this is the same situation on their other ships.

If you are looking for spa treatments, it's Mandara by the way, book early. We were told that they would only allow us to book the high end treatments before we boarded. When we arrived, early embarkation is a good deal, their books were FULL. It seems that repeat customers have a way of booking everything on line. The receptionist asked why we didn't book early. We told her we couldn't. She said something to the effect of "Oh this must be your first cruise." Not that we live and die by spas, but it was 8 days into the trip before a facial opened up. During the morning SE which we couldn't cancel. :rolleyes:

Bear wrote in part:

"If you are looking for spa treatments, it's Mandara by the way, book early. We were told that they would only allow us to book the high end treatments before we boarded. When we arrived, early embarkation is a good deal, their books were FULL. It seems that repeat customers have a way of booking everything on line. The receptionist asked why we didn't book early. We told her we couldn't. She said something to the effect of 'Oh this must be your first cruise.' Not that we live and die by spas, but it was 8 days into the trip before a facial opened up. During the morning SE which we couldn't cancel."

Many, but far from all, Mandara Spa treatments may be booked on line by any registered Silversea guests 60 days in advance. Available treatments include a facial, hand treatments, four types of massage, hair treatments, and others.

Bear may already know this, but early booking is available on the "my voyage" section at the Silversea web site. I stumbled upon the site early. But, if I hadn't, I could have found it by reading information in the confirmation packet that Silversea sent after I placed my trip deposit.

I found the service very easy to use. The only problem with it is that many treatments are not available on line. For example, if you want a hot rock massage, you're out of luck.

Hope this helps.

--Rich

Archived