Pedros on Orient Beach

fcatlanta

We would like to know too! Was planning on orange fever but now not so sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We spent Xmas day @ Orange Fever, no problems there. There was a little seaweed washing around in the water, but not much. Their building was fine, food was good. For $7/pp you each get a lounge with a thicker cushion, a drink ticket (beer, wine, mixed drink) and an umbrella.

They did have a lot of damage from the hurricane, but are fully operational now.

Cab from pier was $7/pp and we got dropped right at Orange Fever. ship docked @ 9;00 and we were @ OF by 9;30. At about 3:30 a driver was on the beach waving a sign looking for fares back to the pier, again 7/pp.

Great location, good facility (with bathroom) and good food.

We will be cruising to St. Martin the middle of January; just wondering if anyone has any pictures or information about the beach condition at Pedro's and further south at Club Orient.

I walked past Pedro's 2 weeks after the storm and their beach was gone. I would go to the mid section of Orient where all of the beach bars were up and running.

We will be cruising to St. Martin the middle of January; just wondering if anyone has any pictures or information about the beach condition at Pedro's and further south at Club Orient.

Runner15km said Pedros beach front is gone and he/she plus others are saying to go to the mid point of Orient.

Club Orient is private and neeked so give them a call.

Edited by caribsun

We will be cruising to St. Martin in two weeks; just wondering if anyone has any pictures or information about the beach condition at Pedro's and further south at Club Orient.

My Gosh,

You're all across the Intertubes with this question.

Recent reports from Orient indicate that most of the beach is fine, if a bit reduced, and most of the seaweed problem has abated.

Check out the live webcam from Club Orient.

gary

I'd love for what you're saying to be true, but from the videos, it looks like the entire beach washed away and water is at the steps of the beach shacks.....I've been tomOrient on over 10 cruises, so pleeeeeease tell me the videos are out of date and the beach is the same!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't have a clue which videos you've seen, but I suspect they are (far) out of date.

I've posted that reports are thet the beach is back, if thinner in many places, but almost all of the Beach Bars are back up and fully operational for a while now.

Check the Club Orient Webcam to see the CURRENT status of the beach from the Perch towards Pedro's.

gary

We were there last wed. Minimal seaweed! We got chairs and pizza and $2 beer at Orange fever. The water came very close to the chairs. The beach was "deeper" mid-beach around Kakao (spelling?!?)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...