Getting new promo after final payment

cruizecrazygramma

How could you be unsuccessful?

Just do the math.

Take the cancellation penalty, and add that to the cost of a new booking. If it's less than what you've already paid, cancel and re-book with the promo.

What you're going to find, however, is that you will lose money doing this.

If you think you can call up and simply try to get the promo added to your booking... good luck!

Has anyone ever successfully got a new promo after final payment has been made?

This morning I noticed a huge drop in prices for our upcoming Jewel cruise.

I called our personal cruise consultant and asked if we could upgrade and get the current promo. The answer to getting the promo is "NO," but I did get a wonderful upgrade at a huge savings and will be enjoying a Haven suite, and the perks that go with it! Looking forward to access to the Haven!!!

Also, got to keep OBC of $450 (booked almost 2 years ago)!

Actually....we cruise in 17 days! I've seen everyone talking about the current promos ($200 OBC, or UBP, or UDP). But I knew it was too late for me....since we are sailing in just over 2 weeks, we are long past our final payment and well into the penalty period.

I called NCL yesterday and they couldn't talk with me, since I booked with a TA. I called the TA and they called NCL for me. I asked the TA to see if they could get be something, anything....I knew that asking for the full promo (or the cheaper price that is offered now) was not going to happen.

My TA happily reported to me that NCL offered me $100 in OBC. My TA was very surprised...and I was very happy! So it can happen. :)