NCL Epic 29 November 2015 Barcelona, Morocco, Canary Islands.

samshltn

Bliss on the Epic is one of my favourite venues. It is particularly good on the Atlantic crossings when the crew get permission to join in the fun. On one crossing I did on the Epic there were so many coming along to the FOD get togethers at 19:00hrs in Shakers that a second get together was arranged in Bliss at 23:00hrs.

I have not seen the main NCL forum or any of the photos of the refurb' date=' so I will take a look for it now. Are you able to post a link here? If I find the thread and photos I may copy and post here later.

By the time the Epic returns to Southampton after the refit I will have gone back to my home in Spain, so the next time I will get to see it will be on embarkation day on 29th November.[/quote']

The link I have is this one... it goes directly to the dry dock photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47933714&postcount=123

The thread itself got off-topic from when it began to where it was until yesterday when I asked to stop figuring out how much it cost and focus on photos and what is actually changing. The investors have to worry about the cost and I don't have any money invested in NCL.

The Bliss Lounge reminds me of Maharini's Nightclub on the Spirit. It is very dark but with plush chairs and chair-bed things to lay on. It's very cozy but right in the middle of the action. The bowling alley did seem out of place in there so I hope they're increasing the size of the dance floor and maybe the stage too along with the bar. I hope they leave those dancing cages by the stage though... lol... a memory comes from those! :eek:

If the FOD gathering is big we can always request to have the time and location moved. I have a feeling not a lot will be going topside as it's going to be chilly. I've never cruised knowingly to chilly weather before. Never done Alaska and likely never will! :eek::D

It seems like most areas of the ship are getting a sprucing up for the photos in that link. They're re-upholstering chairs in all the major restaurants it seems. I didn't know LeBistro was going to be touched. The new water mini-golf looks interesting but darn cold for our sailing! :cool:

The link I have is this one... it goes directly to the dry dock photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47933714&postcount=123

The thread itself got off-topic from when it began to where it was until yesterday when I asked to stop figuring out how much it cost and focus on photos and what is actually changing. The investors have to worry about the cost and I don't have any money invested in NCL.

The Bliss Lounge reminds me of Maharini's Nightclub on the Spirit. It is very dark but with plush chairs and chair-bed things to lay on. It's very cozy but right in the middle of the action. The bowling alley did seem out of place in there so I hope they're increasing the size of the dance floor and maybe the stage too along with the bar. I hope they leave those dancing cages by the stage though... lol... a memory comes from those! :eek:

If the FOD gathering is big we can always request to have the time and location moved. I have a feeling not a lot will be going topside as it's going to be chilly. I've never cruised knowingly to chilly weather before. Never done Alaska and likely never will! :eek::D

It seems like most areas of the ship are getting a sprucing up for the photos in that link. They're re-upholstering chairs in all the major restaurants it seems. I didn't know LeBistro was going to be touched. The new water mini-golf looks interesting but darn cold for our sailing! :cool:

Thanks for the link to those interesting photos. I just hope they manage to finish all that work on time :eek:

For 7 weeks out... you folks sure are quiet! This reserved excitement is just killing me! ;):rolleyes::p

In less than 3 weeks I am on the Norwegian Jade Atlantic crossing to Houston and there has been less activity on that thread than on this one. Even the person who started that thread has not posted anything for over a year:confused: . So in comparison this thread is a hive of activity :)

No, sadly the timing and budget didn't work out for this cruise. If you guys have any US-based cruises on your agenda, let me know! Would be great to have friends to travel with.

We're cruising from Miami in January. Let me know if you are too and I'll dig out the dates.

Ok... I can't wait any longer! This vacation needs to get here! :( Work may be the death of me this week!! It's only Wednesday! :(

How's everyone's packing coming along? :D

I don't have time to post much on the forums, or pack for the cruise... In between booking this cruise in January, and our sailing date, I've got eleven other trips: Our honeymoon cruise, Capetown South Africa, Pride Gran Canaria, Chicago, Canal Cruise (UK), Brussels, Inverness, Paris, Madrid, Orlando (that's this coming weekend - for Halloween Horror Nights - so excited!), Amsterdam... then a five week break before this cruise from Barcelona. I'll start packing when I'm back from Amsterdam! When we're back from THIS cruise I've got four weeks in UK before flying out to Miami for ANOTHER one!

But I can't wait to get on board and meet you all... roll on the FOD!!

In less than 3 weeks I am on the Norwegian Jade Atlantic crossing to Houston and there has been less activity on that thread than on this one. Even the person who started that thread has not posted anything for over a year:confused: . So in comparison this thread is a hive of activity :)

Our cruise regular roll call is so tour-centric it's not really a hive of activity. I miss the days when people would post what they were doing and find common interests to help pass the time. Now roll calls are nothing more than just finding ways to not pay the cruise line for their tours and no one really does much else. I've seen some dinner arrangements among the solos but Faye and LaTanya are not into being so scheduled right down to dinner plans! Who knows though! The girls may tag along with me to the first night FOD as we head off to dinner thereafter. The first night is gatherings! Busy busy busy!

I envy your cruise before this one! I may have a cruise up my sleeve as well before this one but it's going to be sudden and maybe leave next week. I will know tomorrow. :D I'm good for taking off on a moment's notice!

We're cruising from Miami in January. Let me know if you are too and I'll dig out the dates.

I don't have time to post much on the forums, or pack for the cruise... In between booking this cruise in January, and our sailing date, I've got eleven other trips: Our honeymoon cruise, Capetown South Africa, Pride Gran Canaria, Chicago, Canal Cruise (UK), Brussels, Inverness, Paris, Madrid, Orlando (that's this coming weekend - for Halloween Horror Nights - so excited!), Amsterdam... then a five week break before this cruise from Barcelona. I'll start packing when I'm back from Amsterdam! When we're back from THIS cruise I've got four weeks in UK before flying out to Miami for ANOTHER one!

Wow! I'm envious of that travel schedule! This year has been a quiet year for me. It was front end loaded with two short cruises and now the back end with this cruise. You're gone practically once a month... if only the USA had good vacation time laws like Europe does!! Have a safe trip to Orlando and back. Sounds like it's going to be a scream (ha ha!)! :)

Well poke on when you get a chance and yes I'll be at the FOD! We have just under 7 weeks to go. I suppose it's a good time to request the time off from work. :eek::rolleyes::D

For those of you looking for transfers from Barcelona Airport to Barcelona City Hotels /Port before the cruise and /or the port to the Airport after the cruise then I can highly recommend www.a2btransfers.com. I have been using them for many years all over the world and only once encountered a problem in New York City, which was the fault of the local operator and was quickly put right.

The prices are excellent in Barcelona especially for the shared shuttle, so much cheaper than a taxi and more convenient than the airport shuttle buses or train as they will drop you at your hotel or at the ship.:)

For those of you looking for transfers from Barcelona Airport to Barcelona City Hotels /Port before the cruise and /or the port to the Airport after the cruise then I can highly recommend www.a2btransfers.com. I have been using them for many years all over the world and only once encountered a problem in New York City' date=' which was the fault of the local operator and was quickly put right.

The prices are excellent in Barcelona especially for the shared shuttle, so much cheaper than a taxi and more convenient than the airport shuttle buses or train as they will drop you at your hotel or at the ship.:)[/quote']

Thank you for this information! I will share it with the ladies. Faye and I land around the same time. LaTanya gets in a little bit earlier so she's going to head to the hotel on her own.

How are things going? Anything exciting happen lately?

We're getting there slowly but surely for this voyage! :cool:

Having just checked the Port of Southampton website and a cruise ship tracking website' date=' it seems our Epic departed Southampton on time following the refit. I wonder how many shipyard workers and traveling with it?[/quote']

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=C6XP7

Thank you for this information! I will share it with the ladies. Faye and I land around the same time. LaTanya gets in a little bit earlier so she's going to head to the hotel on her own.

How are things going? Anything exciting happen lately?

We're getting there slowly but surely for this voyage! :cool:

In just 9 days I am on the Jade, I think I need to start looking at what I will have to pack

You're going on the Jade and I'm going on a cruise too before the Epic! All details are confirmed and I sail... THIS WEEKEND! :eek::D Have to love those surprise voyages. ;)

Thanks for the photo sleuthing. The thread in the main Norwegian area has been very interesting to follow. The pictures coming out the of the refurb make the Bliss lighter and the Italian restaurant blinding in the daylight hours. Thank goodness it's at night that the restaurant is open. I miss the Tuscan feel to it.

The emblem on the side of the Epic also doesn't appear to have been refreshed like the newer ships with the one wave and the lighter blue look for Freestyle Cruising. However, I'm not hanging off the side of the ship looking at it so who cares? :D

I just hope it's warm on this voyage or at least somewhat warm. We had our first snow here and it's mighty early for that!!! The winter will be long this year I feel. Might need another voyage after this one to get me through it.

Bon voyage to you!!

You're going on the Jade and I'm going on a cruise too before the Epic! All details are confirmed and I sail... THIS WEEKEND! :eek::D Have to love those surprise voyages. ;)

Thanks for the photo sleuthing. The thread in the main Norwegian area has been very interesting to follow. The pictures coming out the of the refurb make the Bliss lighter and the Italian restaurant blinding in the daylight hours. Thank goodness it's at night that the restaurant is open. I miss the Tuscan feel to it.

The emblem on the side of the Epic also doesn't appear to have been refreshed like the newer ships with the one wave and the lighter blue look for Freestyle Cruising. However, I'm not hanging off the side of the ship looking at it so who cares? :D

I just hope it's warm on this voyage or at least somewhat warm. We had our first snow here and it's mighty early for that!!! The winter will be long this year I feel. Might need another voyage after this one to get me through it.

Bon voyage to you!!

Buen Viaje to you too. What cruise are you doing this weekend?

Thanks for this info!

For those of you looking for transfers from Barcelona Airport to Barcelona City Hotels /Port before the cruise and /or the port to the Airport after the cruise then I can highly recommend www.a2btransfers.com. I have been using them for many years all over the world and only once encountered a problem in New York City' date=' which was the fault of the local operator and was quickly put right.

The prices are excellent in Barcelona especially for the shared shuttle, so much cheaper than a taxi and more convenient than the airport shuttle buses or train as they will drop you at your hotel or at the ship.:)[/quote']

Looks like my January cruise is going to be January 3 out of Los Angeles, doing the Mexican Riviera on the NCL Jewel.

Looking at doing a Princess cruise to Hawaii, roundtrip from Los Angeles, in either February or March.