conquest rooms on riviera or main

cruisin321

I've been booked several times on Riveria on the Conquest and on her sister ship, the Glory (in fact, my next cruise, a B2B, is on that deck). I've only been on the Main deck once, in a 1A port hole. All cabins have been fairly forward (1229, 1217, 2217).

What I like about Rivera is that it is so easy to get back on the ship on port days: just hop a flight of stairs and you are done. Getting to Lido is super easy too because you are the first floor for elevators. It's quiet (although in the port hole rooms you may hear the anchors)---there are cabins above and the medical section and crew below.

I'd be more wary about the Main deck: the mid ship section is just under the Galley. The mid-to-forward and forward section is right under the lobby bar and main lounge.

We were in 2470 on the Conquest. Under the aft MDR. Only once did we hear 'Happy Birthday' being sung in the afternoon. If we had been talking we wouldn't have heard a thing.

I've been on both decks of ships with almost identical setups down there. If you are in the forward part, especially way forward, you will hear the sound of the waves hitting the front of the ship & feel a rocking motion, more-so on deck 1 than deck 2. The movement & sounds are consistent, which can even make it soothing. Deck 2 in the forward is below the theater, but shows on this ship are very short & end early (11:00 at the latest). Theater will be totally empty all night; possible noise from above during the occasional midday rehearsals. As far as ship noises there, not too big of a deal. Mostly only when coming into or leaving port, when you are up or want to be getting up. The anchor only drops when you are tendering (not docking) into a port. If you have a tender port, some of those forward rooms will think a train is going through their room when the anchor drops, but again, it doesn't drop when you dock. And you want to be awake anyway. I love the forward of deck 2. I've had porthole rooms many times on deck 2. They are under the backstage area of the theater. I once heard a singer rehearsing at about 8:00pm. I'm never in the room during shows, so I don't know if there is any noise then, but no noise from above during any afternoon rehearsals.

Midship on deck 1 is fine. Forward part of midship (from the forward elevators to the midship elevators) is perfect, especially under the whisper quiet dining room. But from the midship elevators to the aft elevators of deck 2 is under the 24-hour crazy noisy galley/kitchen. Don't book any of those. Some of those rooms under the galley will be fine, some will be a nightmare; don't chance it.

I don't really like the aft down low. Unlike the consistent sounds & movement of the forward rooms, the aft in the low decks tend to get random, inconsistent sounds & movements & crashing sounds. No rhyme or reason to when they will happen either. It can even happen in the calmest waters, when the ship is sailing along straight forward at a perfectly consistent speed. Some ships are worse than others with this. I have always noticed quite a bit of vibrations and random things back there.

Edited by k2excursion

The riveria deck is the bottom of the passenger deck=== there are quite a few more decks under that before you even get to the engines.

the further back you go you might be feeling the shuddering/ vibrations.

the port hole rooms are very forward and if you hit rough waters you will get the motion.

like posted above-- do not book a cabin under the galley

I've been on Main deck on Conquest. Also, have been on Main deck on Freedom (twice). I don't have a problem with it, others like to be on the deck closer to Lido, like deck 7 or 8.

On Freedom, we had the aft corner room, and we are doing one of those rooms again on Liberty in March. Yes there is some shuddering and vibration, but it didn't bother me at all. Others, it does.

On Conquest we were just between midship and forward, and we were under the Guest Services area. (an ocean view room). We liked that location as it was one flight up and in the atrium.

We also had 2358 on Freedom (inside). I didn't hear any noise there, but the only time in the cabin was to sleep or to shower/change. I am a light sleeper.

I have been on both decks on the Conquest and I prefer the Main Deck. I didn't hear any galley noise like other people are talking about and I like being close to the Atrium bar so I can get a drink real quick :D.

You were not below the galley, so there's no way that you would have had galley noise there. Below the atrium on deck 2 is one spot that I do recommend.

We also had 2358 on Freedom (inside). I didn't hear any noise there, but the only time in the cabin was to sleep or to shower/change. I am a light sleeper.

You weren't really below the galley. It looks like you were possibly below a crew entrance/exit to the galley, which would only get any foot traffic during serving times, not overnight. Anyone under heavy work stations of the galley will hear noise from above at different times during the overnights. Some spots stop at 3am, some start at 3am, some go all night, some spots are quiet. You never know.

Re-reading my post from yesterday, one thing wasn't clear there. I meant to say that the entire deck 1 midship is fine. Only on deck 2 would you want to avoid the midship-to-aft elevators area. Forward of the midship elevators on deck 2 is totally perfect, especially if you're under the dining room. That's my top recommendation for a room on the entire ship.