Rumbaba lately?

bickee

Not REAL recent, but we sailed Rumbaba in February and the the greatest day. Bobby & Karen are great! We booked a 1/2 day afternoon sail, but wish we had done the full day. Karen's afternoon "snack" was basically a full lunch and was very good. Great homemade Rum Punch! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We are a family of 5 who came in on the Destiny in late June of this year. We booked a full days sail with Bobby and Karen.

It was one of the highlights of our trip. We sailed to a place call Mingo Cay near "The Mounds" and had a wonderful morning of snorkeling.

Bathtub temperature water with 50 ft visibility and a gradual depth slope from 20' to about 45" deep.

Afterwards my wife enjoyed what was perhaps the best meal on our vacation. Bobby's famous grilled Tuna, hallibut and for our boys ( 15, 18 and 19) grilled sirloin cheeseburgers the size of small footballs.

Then we went for an afternoon of leisurely sailing. Due to wind conditions we could not get to another island but it did not matter as the sailing was great in itself.

Compared to the cattle car ship's excursions I would highly recommend this day of pleasure and relaxation as well woth the money.

On our next trip to St. Thomas we plan to repeat the experience.

• 2 years later...

We just got off the Adventure 10/14 and sailed the full day tour with RUmbaba Saturday, 10/13 while in St. Thomas. IT WAS THE BEST TOUR!!! I can't say enough about Karen and Bobby. They were wonderful.

We had a great time sailing across to St. John's -- then we went snorkling in a little area that was pure paradise. They called the beach 6 Butt Beach b/c you could only fit about 6 people on the beach. While we were snorkling they prepared snacks for us -- Karen is a fantastic cook and her presentation is awesome. Our snack consisted of sliced apples, carrots, bread and celery with a mango cheese dipping sauce (YUM YUM) as well as grilled shrimp with a spicy dipping sauce. While we chowed down on that Bobby grilled our lunch choices - we selected Mahi Mahi, Tuna and Chicken in our group (but they also offer Filet Mignon). The Mahi Mahi and Tuna were so fresh they had been swimming not too far off the coast about 2 days before and the quality was to die for. They gave us some salad with a vinegarette, pasta salad, sliced citrus fruit and then your entree selection on a beautiful platter with fresh flowers and sliced star fruit. It was not only yummy but pretty to look at - wish we had snapped pictures. The rum punch Karen made us was the best I've ever had.

After lunch we sailed along the coast of St. John's to another little spot to do some snorkling. It was a bit of a swim from the boat so I suggest you ask them for a noodle to hang on to as we got a little tired. According to Bobby and Karen there are large rays and turtles there but we didn't see either. Our friend who stayed on the boat said that as we were swimming back and laughing so hard b/c we were being silly girls that there were several turtles swimming all around us but we were laughing so hard we didn't hear them tell us.

After this we went sailing back to Red Hook where Bobby showed us Kenny Chesney's boat which docks in the marina there. He also pointed out great sights the entire day from 23 million dollar islands for sale to famous peoples houses and pirate history.

This tour was incredible. It was worth double what they charge! I can't wait to get back to St. Thomas in the future and take the tour again.

So happy to hear the great news, and glad you had a nice time.

We have only heard good reviews with this tour, and can't wait to go in December. We are going with another couple from another ship, so far, there is room for 2 more !!!

I ordered the MahiMahi too, and DH wants the FM.

How many islands do you really see?? Is there 2 stops? What is the actual distance traveled in the 6 hours?? My DH has all these questions, so I'll ask.

We are going to St Thomas next year too with another group, and I'm sure they will want to go on this tour. I do feel like we are missing alot not going on the land tours, but this tour sounds too good to miss.

Great review of the Rumbaba tour.

We just got off the Adventure 10/14 and sailed the full day tour with RUmbaba Saturday, 10/13 while in St. Thomas. IT WAS THE BEST TOUR!!! I can't say enough about Karen and Bobby. They were wonderful.

Thanks for the review. We're doing the same sailing with Rumbaba as Minn.cruisers.

So happy to hear the great news, and glad you had a nice time.

We have only heard good reviews with this tour, and can't wait to go in December. We are going with another couple from another ship, so far, there is room for 2 more !!!

I ordered the MahiMahi too, and DH wants the FM.

Your post reminded that we had not selected our food yet. I just sent them an email letting them know what we wanted. I chose the Mahi Mahi, my wife decided on the chicken.

DW and I just booked a 'full boat' for April 16 of 2008! :) Sorry everyone, you have to find another boat to satisfy your needs! :rolleyes:

We also have another couple interested in sailing, as well, so if anyone would like to join in the fun, we can possibly get the 'buddy boat' "Ed Witt" to sail with us..

Give me a yell...!! We may be able to 'strike up a deal!:D

55's

Here you are !!!!!!!!!!!

We just emailed them with our menu choice last week (we actually forgot too!!) ,he emailed back right away, thanking us. I'm sure everything they make would be good. Sometimes a surprise is fun too. We asked for mojitas and local beer for the sail back. Oh, oh !!

Do you think we'll need to take along a light jacket? Just wondering if it gets real windy out there. We're used to being out on the Minnesota lakes where the weather can change 5 times in one day. Any other suggestions or advice?

55's

Here you are !!!!!!!!!!!

We just emailed them with our menu choice last week (we actually forgot too!!) ,he emailed back right away, thanking us. I'm sure everything they make would be good. Sometimes a surprise is fun too. We asked for mojitas and local beer for the sail back. Oh, oh !!

Do you think we'll need to take along a light jacket? Just wondering if it gets real windy out there. We're used to being out on the Minnesota lakes where the weather can change 5 times in one day. Any other suggestions or advice?

I've been around. Mostly in my ship's roll call, but I'll definitely stay in touch leading up to the trip. Especially if you're still interested in sharing a cab.

He actually responded to us really fast too after I put our lunch selections in. I didn't really specify anything for drinks. Beer and/or mojitos sound good to us.

I doubt that a jacket will be needed. We went on one in Puerto Vallarta last year and the breeze was never that bad.

ok, sounds good.

We can't wait to go on that sailboat, so glad you popped in on our thread. I don't think we would have found out about it otherwise.

Has another couple booked to make it 6 yet? If not, that's ok. More room for us.

I'm glad that I found some other folks who wanted to do it. I had mentioned it a few times on the roll call for my cruise and there was not a lot of interest there. We were so happy to find someone else who wanted to do this excursion.

I have not heard of anyone else booking it, but you never know. There's always a huge possibility of someone who doesn't know this site of booking. A google search could quite easily get you to their site if you were planning a land based St. Thomas vacation or a cruise without this site.

Is there a website with more information about Rumbaba and their excursion. We're going back to St. Thomas in July 2008 and this sounds great.

http://www.rumbabacharters.com/index.htm

Thanks for the recent review of Rumbaba. We were interested in this tour for next spring- we will be on adventure of the Seas on a Saturday in St Thomas. Did anyone who's done this have trouble making it to red hook in time for the sailing. How long does it typically take to clear customs? I believe our ship is in port from 8 am till 5pm. Thanks for any input!

Archived